audio drop out when turning on/off screen

edited May 2013 in Support
hi there, maybe somebody out there can give me a quick solution to the problem. i use use bm2 for live performances on my ipad2 allot - and to conserve battery life on stage, i often shut the screen off while bm2 is running audio and being controlled by midi. when i need to turn the screen back on to tweak something in bm2 that i can't do via midi, i get an audio drop for a split second right when i slide the IOS unlock tab and bm2 comes back into focus(btw, i'm using the built in headphone output, no other sound card attached).

the audio drop out is just noticeable enough to be rather un-pro sounding over a live pa. i'm on an ipad2, my live set project never maxes beyond 25-30% cpu, and i'm never streaming more than .wav 10 files at once(and the ram usage of my project is never above 60megs). also i've got the latency set to the highest(1024) and bm2 to run in background mode. i've also noticed the same audio drop out when switching from any other app(like "settings" or "midi designer") back to bm2 or also the dropout occurs when i bring bm2 back to the front after it's been minimized. also the drop out occurs when switching back to bm2 from any audio app using audiobus. i've even tried rebooting my ipad2 but still get the problem when running bm2 after a full reboot. the problem always occurs immediately when i bring bm2 back into focus.

is there a setting or a technique i can do to make this drop out problem go away? any advice would be awesome. thanks!

Comments

• edited 7:32PM
    Double-tap Home, slide the bottom strip to the right, and set screen brightness way down low. Not entirely off, but I've never had battery issues when jamming with multiple channels through Auria. One jam it was on from 10 am to 5 pm.

I doubt iOS has a way to shut down and wake up again without a glitch, it has a lot to do in those transitions and everything else takes back seat.

Good luck!
    i mainly want to find a way to make the drop out not occur when i switch back to bm2 from another app. no other music apps i use exhibit this problem(animoog, sunvox, looptastic, audulus, and even the memory hungry auria) - so the problem must be something within bm2
    Ah. That's different than turning the screen off. No answer to re-entering BM2 glitch, I'm afraid.
    Also this is an old bug.....
    Additional to the audio drop outs (when getting BM2 in foreground again), the MIDI sync with other apps is completely not in time anymore - at least when I'm using audio loops in BM2 (BM2 gets in sync again when the beginning of an audio loop is triggered another time)...

I didn't report this bug, because I'm already soooo unbelievable tired of writing bug reports - Intua is ignoring them anyway (at least 95%). Too much work for... nothing!