Lag Issues

edited June 2013 in Support
Hey wuts up everyone,

I apologize if this has been posted, but i have been having a lot of lag issues. I honestly dont know what it is, but since the last update, i cant seem to make a few tracks before i start to get audio issues. The percentage is at a steady 52% with only 4 tracks, no effects, 3 instrument and 1 drum machine with a 5 bank drum kit. I have been able to make at least 14 tracks without effects before i had lag issues so im kinda lost on what to do. I've done the reset data, update data, install and uninstall, and hard reset ipad. I am on an ipad 2 so maybe im thinking its time to upgrade but im trying to avoid that due to financial issues. If it also helps, i just downloaded the essentials pack as well and its also causing more lag as well but it was happening before that too. I finally gave up and now im asking for some experienced advice or some direction on what can be done to move forward with this.. I do appreciate any type of help. If not, thanks anyways folks. Stay musically inspired!!

Comments

• BM2 runs really smoothly on my Ipad 2 and Ipad mini. Have you got it on aeroplane mode and killed all the other apps? Is it Jailbroken? When you say reset have you restored it or working fresh?
  • I am on iPad 3,(essentially same specs as the 2), and I find around 50% things get unreliable.
    @Luckyhandz, how full is your iPad? I've got only a 16gb and find that if I've got less than 2gb left things start acting weird, especially with audiobus. Just a thought...
  • hey guys, sorry i havent answered back, been swamped with work.

Jose_bee - i usually work on airplane mode but sometimes i need my dropbox to swap files so about 65% of time i leave my wifi on but that never seemed to affect my ipad. My ipad is jailbroken and i did it in order to have more control over my files and to import my songs into my ipod to audition without having to open beatmaker 2 to show to friends and clients. I have reset many times and i get very little results. As a matter of fact, i have updated the last two jailbreaks to only deal with opening past sessions and having my error pop up saying it cant find certain files. But no lag issues until the last update.

Dubhausdisco - I too find it unreliable, especially on my ipod touch but that's a whole other topic lol. My ipad has about 7GB of space left and i too have a 16GB. Audiobus used to work but now it doesnt even connect. Found it a waste of money but glad i dont have to buy again in the future for use.

I honestly have not used beatmaker since this post because of the lag, i've reinstalled it a few times just to make sure, i just updated today and it still has the issues and now im having trouble importing from dropbox with a cocoa error 513 (Whatever that is) so i have been working on my MPC ren and just maybe getting rid of my ipad to purchase an MPC studio to replace and step away from this issue. I really dont know what to do. Im afraid to update my iOS to the 6.1.3 because it might conflict to my past sessions. This app has been very dependable for me to work on the go and now its just a drag and unreliable. Sad but true. i love this app and theres nothing like it. Thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate it.

And not for nothing, idk if you guys are intua developers, but i cant even get a response from them which gives me the idea that they run away from cries for help and ignore issues ppl are having. we are forced to just wait for random updates instead of atlease hearing from one of them with a honest answer weather they can help or not, they dont address issues. Wonderful app but bad customer service. guess that's the good thing about internet business owners, theres no store to go and complain..

good day everyone and stay inspired..
  • I don't think any audio app works well on a jail broken device
  • No they do not
  • Hence me not touching jailbreaking with a ten foot pole
  • Im jailbroken on ipad and get no lag issues at all though.