Quantize no grid, human feel (the funk)

edited September 2013 in Support
I am fairly new to beatmaker 2 and I'm enjoying all the possibilities. I come from using an SP1200 back in the day and then moving into reason and ableton. I'm wondering if it is really true that there is no way to get rid of the grid completely. I'd love to keep the physical grid there and then be able to move snare hits just a tiny bit behind it each one by one. So no snare hits in exactly the same place but they are all the tiniest bit behind the beat in the way they are on old Al Green records. Those ones Ghostface samples...lol. If this is not possible could someone please tell me which app for ipad can do this and I am there....

Comments

• I just noticed that garageband which is a 4.99 app can do this. But beatmaker is such a deeper app than garageband....hmmm
  • Hello,
    You're right... As of now there is no way to turn off the grid. It does go up to 1/96, though, which is more than enough room to play if you double your bpm. Or you could send for example your snare drum to an fx buss with a delay on it for a couple ms...
    Or you could edit your samples so that there is a little bit of space before the drum hit etc...
    Where there's a will, there's a workaround.
    I think the more you work with BM2, you'll find that it's by far the only option on ios for old school style beatmaking