crossfade question

edited June 2013 in Support
Hi guys,
first of all..compliments! BM2 is the BEST DAW out there (imho more than auria, cubasis and not to mention nanostudio).
now, I've a problem with crossfade : i'm using a sample recorded with a synt(sunrizer) and want to loop it in my song repeating it (thus copying it)
for, let's say, 4 bars. The problem is the nasty "click" i heard when the sample start (note: the first copy of the sample doesn't have it). So i told myself : "this is a perfet job for a crossfade!", so i've cutted the sample for the duration i wanted and selected (always in the sample lab) all the sample except for the first second, till the end of it.
i've tested it In the sample lab and all works fine(i don't hear the damned click, it loops well), so i've saved it. After that i returned in the main "screen",deleted all the sample, loaded the one saved before (for four times one after another), and the damned click still there..
Any suggestion? is there a tutorial on how do it? could be a "cut" problem?
thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Did you try the fade in/ fade out on the sampler? On the pad that has the sample?
  • hi thesavage!
    thanks for givin me an answer.. i don't use pads just the main window with an audio track, copying my sample more than once.
    If i loop the sample in the sample lab (the wave editor) the loop sounds well..do you know why the hell if i copy
    the sample in the audio track i hear the nasty click? i guess it could be because bm2 reads the sample again and again
    from the ssd, instead of having it in memory..but it's just an assumption..
    i'll try to use a pad with my sample and let you know..

Thanks
  • ah..just to to complete the information i've an ipad 3 with 32gb with 12gb of free space
  • You get the click on all your samples? you try to do a small fade in on the sample in the wave editor?

If you can put a step by step of what you are doing, may help to understand.

• thesavage thanks for the time you're spending..
    i begin saying i've tried to use pads and fade/in fade/out commands and it works like a charm!
    So thank you i resolved my problem, but i think this is a work around.
    To dig a little bit further in the problem, here's my step by step procedure :
    1) record a sample in sunrizer and put it in BM2
    2) put the sample in a brand new audio track
    3) going to edit the sample..
    3.1) setting the bpm (130 in my case)
    3.2) trim the sample near the desired lenght (let's say 4bars and a little bit)
    3.3) select all the sample except the"little bit" said above
    3.4) hear it in loop (at each loop i hear the nasty "click", but here it's normal)
    3.5) CROSSFADING the selected part
    3.6) hear the loop (here there's no more "click" as i would expected / the crossfader has worked)
    3.7) TRIM the selected sample and exit the wave editor SAVING(and overwriting) the previous sample
    Now in my immagination if i put the sample twice (using the copy/paste command in the toolbox upper on the right) in the audio track (one after another) it has would be like in the wave editor(step 3.6) but it is not! the damned "click" is still there!!!
    BM2 issue? my fault?
    Thanks thesavage
  • Hey kindaska i did exactly what you have listed up until step 3.4
    I'm not getting any clicks from a Sunrizer sample. Looping fine with no clicks

Have you tried a another sample?
  • hi thesavage!
    thanks as always..
    of course is a sample issue: i mean i have the problem with this sample and another one, (the samples i used have some effects that causes the clicks) and for this reason i was trying to use the crossfade.
    I will post today or tomorrow, somewhere the sample so, if you want, you could test it.
    Thanks again
  • ya post the sample.
  • Hi!
    here is the sample https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqk0p94z26nv9mi/sun.1.syn.1.wav
    it has the click at the end(not sure it's time-cutted-well) but you can cut it after the first four bars.
    Thanks as always!
  • thanks i will check it tonight
  • thesavage you won't believe, but i cannot opern your project.. i had copied it in a new folder (both the bm2 and the folder with the sample) but when i went to open it BM2 didn't recognize it(it didn't show me the .bm2 file the folder were empty even if it weren't!!!)
    don't know how to go on..
    but i think i could say this discussio in closed since your suggestion to use pads.
    thanks fo all