Audiobus Question - BM2 Input and Loopy HD Output

edited July 2013 in Support
Hi,

Trying to figure out how to use BM2 as a mixer (input slot) to sum multiple tracks down to a stereo track to be recorded in Loopy HD (output slot) for live performance, but with a slight twist.

In Loopy HD I usually turn Headphone Monitoring to off because I don't want to monitor my direct signal through the iPad, only my looped signal. I prefer to run a separate direct line from my hardware instruments to eliminate latency. But now using BM2 as the input mixer, this doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

The only way I could figure out how to get audio from BM2 into Loopy HD is to turn on the input monitor in each track. But again, I only want to send the audio to Loopy HD without monitoring the input through the BM2 software. I found this tutorial but it doesn't really explain how to get audio out of BM2 through Audiobus without monitoring it. Is it not possible to do what I am trying to do?

Send BeatMaker 2 audio to another Audiobus-enabled app
1. Open Audiobus and add BeatMaker 2 to the left sender apps

2. Press its icon to launch it

3. Connect a receiver app in Audiobus, launch it

4. The BeatMaker 2 audio output will go through Audiobus and will be received to the receiver app

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Nobody? No other way to get audio through audiobus without monitoring it in BM2?

Is this how Audiobus works? It needs to "listen" to audio from the previous app in the chain? No way to input the audio from one app to another using the back door so to speak (aux, fx bus, etc.)?

Sorry for all the questions, but would love to get this up and running ASAP if possible.