MPC-/Ableton-/Maschine-style behavior? Especially on MIDI out?

edited August 2013 in Support
Hi everybody,

I'm hoping to use a BM2 drum machine in a fashion similar to an AKAI MPC (or Ableton Live with a Maschine controller), i.e. as a grid-based loop player. I've worked out about Auto Loop vs. Single Shot trigger mode, I've grouped pads, I've understood that in Auto Loop, MIDI note on events toggle a pad, I've even found the grid quantisation setting under the "Rec setting" button. So almost everything is fine,

Only one difficulty left: is there any way I can make BM2 send the state of a pad as a MIDI note, rather than the actual pad input? You see, I'm using a QuNexus keyboard as a controller, which is capable of displaying MIDI notes as lights - so software like Ableton Live can send the actual state of a loop to the controller: Loop running = LED on, loop muted = LED off. I'd love to have a way to make BM2 output MIDI notes just like they appear in the sequencer grid - Note On as long as the auto pad loop is playing, Note Off when it's stopped. (I wouldn't dare dreaming of a performance mode where armed samples starting on the next quantisation are signaled by a flashing LED.)

BTW: Just thought that it might be great to have a MIDI-controllable event where you can jump to markers in the sequencer, so that BM2 creates a marker in between two patterns and you can jump to the next marker by sending a MIDI CC (or anything). Sequencer then just loops what it's playing up to the next marker. You could define bridge/chorus sections in a sequence and jump between them with a simple keypress. Great live mode.