Trouble with slowing down/stretching a beat?

edited August 2013 in Support
Okay, so I just started using Beatmaker 2 about a week ago, and I'm having a problem. I was just finishing making a beat on my iPhone, and I got distracted, and I think I pushed some buttons by accident. What happened was, the whole song was slowed down. It said the tempo was the same, but it sounds slowed down every time I listen to it through Beatmaker 2. That's not the problem, though. I think it sounds so much more dope than it did when it was at a normal speed. The problem is that I converted it to a .wav file and uploaded it to my soundcloud, but when I played it on there, it was at a normal speed. I have no idea what I did, but want it to be able to sound the same (slowed down) in the .wav file. Anyone have any idea what I did? Or how I can get the .wav file to sound the same? This is probably my favorite beat I've ever made, and I'm pretty bummed that it didn't turn out how I wanted. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• I should also mention that everything sounds deeper when I play it through Beatmaker 2 and not in the .wav file.
  • Aaaaaaand I closed out of the app, opened it up again, and now it's sped up. Now my question is-- how can I stretch the entire beat?
  • Hi Eulogy,

Open the wave editor on the studio pop-up, load your audio file and press PROCESS to bring the effect panel. You'll find the pitch-shift and time-stretch there.

Cheers.