Alchemy

edited September 2013 in Support
I am having problems trying to record midi out from alchemy into bm2, specifically the pad data. The midi note output will record but not the pad changes. I have also noticed that even though alchemy is active in the background it does not show up on the midi destination setup page.
Do any of you use bm2 to record alchemy midi out and if so how do you setup midi the configuration?

Thank you

Comments

• I think you cannot record the pad changes (at least I couldn't). But I never checked, if they are bound to some special CCs, which might be the case. Maybe you check that out with a generic midi monitor. Or contact the guys at Camel Audio, if there is a MIDI output for the pads (don't forget to report here) :)
  • Had a reply from Camel audio:

"Thanks for writing. Unfortunately, as Alchemy Mobile doesn't support MIDI learn at the moment, recording remix pad data into other apps is not currently possible.

This, along with additions to the recording functionality is something we're looking at for the future, but we can't really comment on particular features or make any promises."

Something else to possibly look forward too ;-)
  • hope, they implement it, the pad motion is an absolutely great feature.
    Thanks for reporting ;)
  • Maybe you thought of this, and my saying it wont be useful...but maybe it will be. Alchemy has a four track sequencer, with solo and mute..and even though it does not do stems, you still can record parts however long, then add all the control pad stuff you want on an overdub...and either dump out the file or copy paste.