Creating more realistic drum rolls in BM2

edited September 2013 in Support
Well I was wondering how do I go about getting better sounding snare drum rolls? I try to get them in by changing the quantization settings to more than 1/16, and tapping them out as much as fast I can but they always come out sounding like trap snare rolls. The sound im looking for is more authentic like snare rolls heard in Funkadelics music, but in music with acoustic drums period I guess you can consider as far s the sound as the drum rolls.

So, Is this even possible to do in BM2? If, so how can I do it?

Comments

• I find the best way is subtle adjustments in the note editor on the timing. The biggest difference is made by adjusting the velocity levels during the roll, very useful for creating the little flicks ( not sure what the technical term is ;-) ).
  • This could help.

• @NU2Moro I will try that out thanks.

@thesavage thanks for trying but you can't edit samples like that in BM2 the same way you can in FL. Also Im not going for that sound in my Snare rolls. I want mind to sound more realistic and not like a trap record as much.
  • @Dee,
    What you are looking for is possibly out of the scope of what an app like BM2 is designed for.
    You'd need painstakingly multisampled drum samples to start with...
    Check out something like BFD or EZ drummer for more acoustic stylings.
  • Oh sorry not trap.
    But ya you can edit notes like that in BMs Piano roll and like Nu2moro play with the velocity levels. You should post a example of the type of roll you are look for.
  • @dubhausdisco that might be it. But I hear people make rolls like that in mpc's and drum machines all the time.

@thesavage Something like this as for drum rolls...

The drums heard in the beginning here.

As well as the drums heard here from 1:05 to 1:07

(be careful cause the cover on this one might be a lil graphic lol_

Same for this song too with the same exact cover cause it's from the same Funkadelic album (cosmic slop) and the drums roll starts at about 1:05 in here.

As for drums in general and if possible. Maybe something like this...

As well as the congas in this...

As you could probably see Im ambitious lol. I just want to know if these type of sounds are possible.
  • @alien_brain damn! You really make me feel like I have to cheat to get nice drums since I can't just make them in BM2 using drum one shots in there. Though on the other hand I was thinking about investing in some drum breaks sample kits online my self. That way I can use the drums and not have to deal with ever being sued or something like that if I ever "go big" so to speak lol, as well as not feel like a cheater cause I could sample them and edit them to my liking.
  • Can the congas at least be done?
  • Yeah I got a lot of amazing drum samples that I use to make kits myself. But after reading that in the link you put I see your point.