BM3 (Future Release) Feature Request

edited September 2013 in Support
I love BM2 a lot, really don't want it changed much, but have three requests for any future release that in my humble opinion think could make a huge improvement and really fill it out:

1. Provide ability to manually quantize like Cubasis. BM2 automatically quantizes notes, but if you want to change the beats per bar later on you're stuck (e.g go from 16 to 32). Would be great if you could keep the notes exactly as played and then quantize them to any degree of accuracy you want within reason.
2. Better sound library. I use Audiobus but find it a real pain to set up multiple apps every time I want to compose. I've ended up importing almost all sounds I like as wavs into BM2 (20GB in fact) and have created lots of custom instruments, which make composing A LOT easier to manage. One thing that would help a lot moving forwards would be to have a few higher quality/more realistic instruments esp strings, choirs and brass. A few good ones would be way better than a lot of mediocre ones.
3. DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN - I've been in the software business long enough to have seen way too many products get reengineered to provide a better experience, but ultimately do the opposite. Please don't make any BIG changes before the next major release - add features, don't change them. The adjustment from BM1 to BM2 was needed as BM2 really improved a lot of things but it took a lot of rework. BM2 is awesome as is, but could just do with a few extras!

Comments

• The ability to grab audio from fm radio and youtube vids like studio2.
    Longer throw faders on mixer.
    A keyboard with better keyboard patch options vs drum machine, autokeymap by name or pitch detect etc.
    You know how i feel about the effects...meh
    A guided save menu...that walks people thru the save tree, where do you want to save this etc and a way to manage files in the app.
    Interapp audio implementation
    Better filters...i have turnado and wow but it was mentioned above better in the app, not out.
    Pitch/time/formant in the keyboard so i can have smaller patches.
    Beatmaker is aimed at hiphop...wheres the scratch?
    I dream of the day when the editor has the ability to use sonograph editing to remove noise etc
    The pan is off...always has been
    And the ability to use audio tracks better...quicker arm without all the fuss, and move audio tracks to other audio tracks etc.
    Save effects presets once there are good effects.
    Save the audiotrack prefs so i dont have to redo it everytime blahhhhhh
    :)
    I love the app, but there are huge shitstorms in it.
    Like let me type a tempo, or number instead of spending an hour trying to enter it on a glitchy knob that seems to choose any value but the one i need.

Your drum machine is the stuff! Your keyboard, patches, and effects not so much.
    Your sequencer needs speedier access to quantize and it needs groove template quantize that fits a standard...your 27 swing quantize is similar to the standard 57 swing quantize? Which takes some getting used to.

Your keyboard sampler would benefit from studying the nnxt or the exs24mkII
  • This app could be ever so seriously pro...but it needs a bit
  • I forgot this....
    If i dont want to keep audio tracks...why does beatmaker keep them anyways...my lawwwwd why?
  • I recently had to go thru 100+ sequences and resave/folder/save with patches ever single file...just so i could erase all the extra record takes it makes me keep? And because it cant rebuilt ish...i have no telling how much space devoted to same wav files like kicks and snares etc. awful.
  • Kill the static keyboard...
    Have you seen thors, strum?
    Or any other apps mutating chord scale keyboard
    Ribbon mode?
    All would be welcome
  • Fix CC midi map for General Controls like Transport (play-stop-rec), Note Repeat, Note Erase, etc.
    Preview to external midi controller (Quneo) of 16 levels, and on pads when you chop sample.
    Button (midi mapped) for Full Level, Half Level.
  • edited September 2013
    Well I wanted to have the feature of better instruments and according to the next update feature list we are getting just that.

http://intua.net/announcing-beatmaker-2-5/

But better bass instruments especially sub bass would be a big deal for me.
  • Well I always wanted there to be an option that when recording audio into beatmaker 2 or any other app that allows you to do loop recording, that can automatically stop the recording once the set amount of bars pass. This will be a very useful feature because once you record a loop you don't end up stoping the recording too early or too late and thus ending up with a loop that is a little shorter or longer than you intended.

Another feature that I think would be useful is one where once you press the recording button to stop a recording, the play action of the song stops entirely as well and the other app being recorded into is left paused.

Now Im not sure if these features are possible, but I believe they should be able to be turned on and off for people that may not want to use them if they are considered and think they would make recording into BM2 as well as a few other apps a lot more smooth.
  • Separate drum exports. I know they have single track export, but if you want a kick drum on it's own track, you have to sequence it on its own track, whereas in DM1 you can sequence everything on one screen and export the separate drums (necessary for using drumagog in Auria). I love BM2 but how can they not have this?
  • It would be nice to have export by midi note... What I've done with my starting template is have 5-6 tracks added in the seq for the drum machine I'm going to use. That way they will export separately...
    If I'm cruising along making a beat, and everything is in one sequence, it takes about 30 seconds (after the creative spurt) to copy/paste the seq to new tracks and delete notes until you have what you want.
  • dubhausdisco, I've done that with a couple of tunes but some of my sequences are rather long, and I've also had some glitches. Oh well, it's not a huge deal.
  • I hear that...
    Just a reminder that you can select all the notes in a sequence individually by double tapping a seq in the seq window, and tap the note to the left of the grid.
    That will select just that note for the whole sequence.
  • Individual drums stems would be great stuff!