Beatmaker 2.5

edited September 2013 in Support
Now that ios7 is in general usage is there any news on 2.5 update, bug fixes, features etc.

Comments

• How crazy is it there there is information about this posted over on the Audiobus forum before it gets posted here?

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2115/beatmaker-2-5-submitted-to-apple#Item_10
  • Just goes to show how good the user base is over on the audiobus forum :-)
    Really looking forward to the improved midi clock!!
  • Hi ! We posted it in the General discussion after it has been posted on Twitter/Facebook:
    http://intua.net/forums/discussion/3854/beatmaker-2-5-feature-list#Item_4
  • boone51
    "How crazy is it there there is information about this posted over on the Audiobus forum before it gets posted here?"

Facepalm

• Is bm2.5 going to be able to use "IAA" to route to effects (turnado, wow, and etc) without audiobus?

Will the gui for the mixer be addressed in the future to allow for longer throw faders?

Ty for adding filenames to project pads etc...it will be helpful.
  • @intua, awesome update btw. Thanks for all the hard work. Any chance of being able to delete sound banks one day?
  • Yea cuz i use none of the bm2 drum sounds. I second the ability to erase factory sounds
  • Use iFunbox
  • @ChuckD, have you actually been able to delete the files? I've heard multiple reports from others who said this didn't work.
  • Already found my own answer. It does not allow you to get rid of those bloat files. Just fyi.
  • edited October 2013
    So I just read over on the Audiobus forums that this hasn't actually been submitted two weeks ago as the announcement made it sound. That's incredibly disappointing.
  • Who said it was submitted? Dude who is blabbing that he's a beta tester? (Which i believe is against the rules of being a tester)
    I wouldn't (and don't) trust anything on the audiobus forums. Until Intua gives the good word, they are still testing and they will deliver.
  • They posted on the homepage back on the 26th that says "BeatMaker 2.5 is about to be reviewed by Apple,". Not that it's about to be submitted. If you read that as anything other than "Apple has it now" then you're a better cryptographer than I am. I thought that was "the good word". I'll just wait for AppShopper to tell me when it lands and not trust either source going forward.
  • And I'll go further to add... It's a free update to one of my very favorite apps in the whole music making ecosystem. My only complaint is that I can't have it yesterday. Intua is awesome. My disappointment is selfish. I didn't claim to be a zen master.
  • :-)
    Agreed- I don't think Intua has the resources that say, Steinberg, has, but I always appreciate their steady hand with updates. They are one of the originals on iOS and although it may not be the most modern UI or feature set, if you are willing to put in the work BM2 can do just about anything one can imagine sample/beat wise!
  • Oh come on, that is overly optimistic...bahahaha
    Really?

The keyboard sampler is so far backdated an ensoniq eps will whoop it to its horrid death, and that keyboard is from the eighties.

If beatmaker2 can do about anything you can imagine sample/beat wise...well you have a very limited imagination.

Have you used an exs24mkii, nnxt, kontakt, iris, any hardware sampler, any of these? Because if bm2 blows your mind these will nuke you! Lmao

Bm2 cant even resample...there i said it...therefore you cant even comp without a hundred work arounds

• Yall better be happy retronyms created the impc, so it fell way short.
    But retronyms does shyt like that on purpose to promote tabletop
  • And steinberg? Cubasis is a turd....auria is developed by one guy and it whoops the daylights outta cubasis
  • As a matter of fact I did use the exs in logic back in 01, too busy for me. I've owned Reason for about 7 years so yeah I've used the nnxt.
    Demoed Kontakt, again too busy and cluttered. Too many buttons and other BS.
    I guess you could say I'm simple minded and without imagination I guess, if it suits ya.
    Maybe thats why I can usually complete my thoughts in one post :-)
  • Well i cant, because im overly technical and complex
  • I would have loved to master the exs sampler- I did get some cool shit going a few times, but then I realized it was four in the morning.
    I saw you followed me on soundcloud, most of that was done in reason. Even then I try to keep it simple. If the source sample is not doing it I move on. The time spent tweaking (for me) is not worth it. I could just as easily remake samples to my own liking if need be.
    I respect your tracks and what your doing, but my path is taking me somewhere else right now. Especially with a baby and whatnot...
  • Babies change everything, congrats!
    :)
    I really love bm2 in the workflow, but the hang ups are bad
    There are just no great samplers on ios yet, and that is a minus.

I dont think there is another synth i could even want.

Intua has only to add a teeny bit to the sequencer, redo the sampler keyboard to not be so global and shallow, kill the effects off and make new ones...or allow iaa apps to be the effects ;) in the bus??? And make the gui for the eq and the mixer more MIX friendly. Make audio tracks in the arrangement window interchangeable, and easier to set up. Wow done deal.

I would love to be able to keep using this product, and i am not afraid to purchase iap improvements. I want to support a great company with a great product.

Mastering the exs sampler is actually quite easy. It looks harder than it is.

Adding depth to the sampler will be the addition of more realistic better sounding patches in beatmaker2, so it is for the benefit of all users this needs to be implemented. But now with iaa in its beginnings i am still excited to see what is on the horizon.

I love doing music, but i love designing patches just as much :)
    Thanks for listening to my music i appreciate that.

• You can make your own kits you know.
  • Maybe the time is ripe for Intua to make the definitive standalone sampler for iOS, now that IAA is in effect. Many people would love that, judging by the iOS forums. Power users could purchase it and use it with any host they choose. $$$

Smart move to not add a synth under considerable pressure from the BM2 userbase as well. Like micgee$ said, the iOS synth market is overcrowded anyway..
  • edited October 2013
    "it is possible, that intua intend to stick with the newbie crowd."

At this point BM is by far not a newbie app, I think they have no choice but to advance it.
    They need to update the UI, resampling, add a real synth (i still want a good built in synth!), work on there store, serious kits? good sounds, plugins etc... (if the works out) and then up the price.........and maybe think about a name change. BEATMAKER sounds to novice for what the app can do.
  • So has it been submitted tho! :)
  • edited October 2013
    BM2 is far from a newbie app. As is, it's better than the equipment most of the classic hits from the 80s and 90s were made on. If you can't make hits with BM2 you can't make hits.
  • edited October 2013
    IntuaBM, Intua or just BM

I like those names
  • Y'all thirsty mumfonkus. An artist can blow up the spot with a dirty colander and a jar of hot peppers.

If you can slice, you're set.