Record automation missing?

edited October 2013 in Support
Hello,

I've updated to Beatmaker 2.5 and I've noticed you can no longer record effects, on filter sliders or
record track mutes etc.

The latest update to 2.5.1 still does the same, luck.

Anyone noticed or had the same experience?

Comments

• Its broken totaly i think , maybe you could send support request so thay fix it quickly , i sent one allready ...
  • Well Intua changed how automation work, this is whot they responed to me. Please write them somewhere to change this back or to add some switch for normal automation recording (normal for me) . This is what they repsoned to me on FB:

Hello Rene,
    It is most definitely not a bug, but yes something has changed there.
    When you move a control, it takes over the associated automation, and while recording, it overwrites the old automation for that control.
    Pressing stop, enables back the reading of all recorded automations.

It has been done so, because it usually works like this in most DAWs we've seen.
    Before that, we used to reset automation playback upon looping, which was not convenient when using an external MIDI controller.

Anyways you can still work this out with the record button, or even in the pattern editor.

Cheers,
    Vincent.
  • I will downgrade in the meantime by jailbreaking my ipad , I am already downloading 2.4.8 from web... That is only solution for now I think...
  • edited November 2013
    "no longer record effects, on filter sliders or record track mutes etc."

So you can't do this at all??? how do you use automation now? Intua please update the manual.
  • Well really I do not know, I just understand that you can record automation , in some part of song , then press stop , do something with it and go on... But this is definitely not what I like on bm2 production , and that is uninterrupted music creation while looping small region and extending this region while playing live and recording automations to this. I don't see how this can be done now. Write them as facebook status https://www.facebook.com/beatmakerapp they will reply because they create support ticket automatically from facebook status updates.
  • Maybe I am not alone and also others use Beatmaker this way, if so they will complain and intua will fix this somehow. They can make some switch for old behaviour in settings . Anyway I am waiting now for jail break for ios 7 , then I can downgrade to Beatmaker 2.4.8 and do music my way. https://soundcloud.com/rene_music
  • Ya i'm going to have to.......I'm lost. So this is irrelevant now?

http://intua.net/forums/discussion/comment/15166#Comment_15166
  • They don't read forums much I think, but they respond on facebook satuses.
  • For future I see one thing clearly , if they will ever fix this back ... I will use just jail broken ios and back up last working BeatMaker II release. They are not developing like professionals this soft , it is cool , but they can change or broke something easily and there is no way to go back by official ways..
  • If they change something i just wish they would update the manual or something?
  • Hmm tell them :) , maybe I will found there something but I discovered features mostly by try and see so don't know ... For me best would be to write all changes in functionality clearly on facebook and in info on update on AppStore so I can decide to update or not... And mostly I dont like they change some core staff like automation because they see it in other daws that I never used. I liked bm2 because I could create music this way , and I don't care how other BIG DAW's works. If all DAW's works the same , we need just one then :)... Well I dont care I am happy with BM 2.4.8 , it is enough for now for me , just have to find a way to have it back , JB for ios 7 will be soon released , I have no problem to fix it this way. I bought BM one year ago and I treat it like musical interment for live play and live recording of automation , I have some plans to play live from two bm's this way , so I dont need 2.5 . Audiobus works for know and we eill se how others will accept this new AUTOMATION FEATURE LIKE OTHER BIG DAW'S ! haha :)
  • 2.5.2 fixed this , just do not allow notifications , it seem there i bug and beatmaker dont open then , if you enabled them disable in ios settings...