2.5.1 same problems with IAA compatible synths

edited November 2013 in Support
Problem is the synths can be chosen, launched and connected. However when i open the synth say iMini, it opens but the transport/record controls appear briefly then disappear, the synth plays but i cant play the project i want to use it within. In addition i cannot navigate back to Beatmaker and i am forced to close the synth using the iPad home button, and try yet again and again. Its the same with all my IAA compliant synths. Any help please. Have also tried with iSEM, Magellan and nlog Pro

Comments

• Hi, new member here. I had this problem too, but I think I found a workaround. I found out that if I add Beatmaker 2 to an Audiobus input first, then launching synths from Beatmaker works correctly, the special transport controls remain visible over the synth, and I am also able to navigate back to Beatmaker without a crash. Note that I didn't have to add the synth to Audiobus, just Beatmaker. I tested this with Magellan.

Hope this helps (and hope a real fix is on the way.)
  • So, I figured out a real solution. I went in to the ipad setting app and scrolled down to the beatmaker settings. Then I turned on "Keep running in the background". I also turned on "out active by default". IAA synths work fine for me now (without starting Audiobus).

Now I'm looking for a way to change synth patches from Beatmaker. If you change projects the synths launch with the patch from the previous project. Any ideas?