How to delete unused recordings?

edited November 2013 in Support
I've been using Beatmaker to record hardware. I'm not a good keyboard player, so I end up with a LOT of unused and unusable recordings. Is there a good way to delete the files in the Recording folder that are NOT being used in songs, and leave the files that are?

Comments

• Hahahaha yes there is....
    Here's how...edit your file system and make a new folder called complete sequences etc
    After that load each and every song up(1 at a time)....after it loads save as...enter the folder you just made and create a song folder named after your song...enter that folder...now touch the little box that says save all samples....repeat until all your sequences are saved in their own folders. Now after this nightmare...you can finally go into your recordings folder and erase everything in it.

Sucks I know....but hey it's what you have to do
  • I'd also use cyber duck to drag this entire folder over to something for backing up...given what has recently happened with bm2
  • I don't know what Mcgee is talkn about....all you got to do is just go into the recordings folder like you going to load a recording, hit Edit delete the recording you don't want.
  • MicGee$'s method is correct, because BM2 doesnt yet save recordings in the project folder :-(
    I do the same thing except I do it from the Dropbox screen. That way you can delete projects you don't want even if they are open.
  • edited November 2013
    i understand Micgee's method, I do that when i complete a project to package my outside samples i.e. kicks from my globe kicks folder, recording from the recording folder etc....I prefer the recordings going to the recording folder most of the time, for reuse or i just delete them...................................But the orignal question was just how to delete unwanted recording in the recording folder? wasn't it?
  • I hear ya- I'm just saying that without taking detailed notes (if you're in a hurry) how do you know which recordings to delete?
    As of now (until BM2's file structure does it) I always just save as a new project (copying samples) to make sure I've got them all in the same folder, that let's me keep the recordings folder empty. It's also my own preference to have all of the samples backed up even though it may seem redundant...
    Keep in mind that it's a waste of time if the beat has only just been started, if it's a keeper you need to have that shiz backed up.
  • edited November 2013
    Hell ya it would be dope to be able to just save recordings to any folder you would like....but you would still have the same issue, all the different takes would just be in another folder, but least they wouldn't be with other past recordings.

But like you Dub i keep my recordings folder pretty empty for that reason.
  • Thanks, all, for your help.