Midi recording

ianian
edited November 2013 in Support
When I record midi at the same time as audio using IAA or Audiobus I find that the midi is being added to the audio track as well, giving me 2 instances of the midi. Using BM2 2.5.1 ipad3 iOS 7.04. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Could you post a screen shot?
  • How do I do that?
  • Click the Power button and home button at the same time. Will give a screenshot.
  • that bit I do know, it's pasting to here i can't. Not got my Ipad on me but essentially i use IAA/audiobus to record audio and, at the same time, set up a blank/loaded midi keyboard track. Record both togethor and what i get is an audio on track 1, a midi on track 2, but superimposed on track 1 is identical midi. I know its superimposed because if i select that track and tap the x button it goes, leaving just audio. (Obviously that's a work around, when I remember). The midi works perfectly, ie it can be edited in the grid and will send out and control other apps when track 2 is muted. I've just tried this on my iphone and it does the same
  • That's what it is supposed to do I believe. If you don't want the audio to record, disarm the IAA track and create a new audio track to print the audio to.
  • Really? So I get a duplicate of the midi (which doesn't record at all if I've not set up a midi tack). It sounds....unlikely?
  • I was speaking strictly IAA... I don't know about the auto-created tracks for audiobus.
    When you create an IAA instrument, open the panel for that instrument and disarm recording. That will allow the midi to be recorded but not audio. Makes perfect sense to me!
  • Right, I understand that. I don't have a problem with the audio, I wanted it. What I don't want is 2 copies of the midi! 1 on the midi track, 1 on the audio track
  • But the beauty is you don't have to create an extra midi track to record IAA tracks. It's already setup and ready to go when you launch an IAA instrument.
    It would make it more clear if the track were split horizontally with midi on top and audio on the bottom maybe?
  • " would make it more clear if the track were split horizontally with midi on top and audio on the bottom maybe?"

Diff agree with that.
  • Yes, I prefer to see these separately as well -- if nothing else, it's easier to move/edit if you make changes later.