Recording MIDI in track view, not instrument view?

edited November 2013 in Support
I've been using BM to record other instruments, some hardware and some virtual (via Audiobus). I can record audio, but recording the MIDI performance is tricky. I can do it by switching to the empty keyboard for that instrument, but I can't seem to record MIDI in track view. Since I'm playing the notes in from a hardware keyboard, most of the screen space is wasted. What I'd to do is record my MIDI performance in track view, where I can see the whole song on the screen. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Sure! Just make sure your midi channel from your hardware controller matches the input midi channel of the device in BM2.
  • Thanks, dubhausdisco. I have done that. It works when I'm staring at BM's big keyboard graphic but not in track view.
  • Oh ok... You need to tap the "omni" button. It looks like a midi cable at the top rightish of the screen. It should be off.
  • edited November 2013
    Bless you! I have no idea why that worked, but it did. I am very, very happy this instant. Now, is there a way to record audio on one track and MIDI on another, without getting MIDI on both?

EDIT: I see this issue has been raised already: http://intua.net/forums/discussion/3903/midi-recording.
  • If it's an IAA instrument, either disarm the audio recording (in the device view) or the midi recording (little red button in the sequencer)