The proper way to save projects and samples?

edited April 2014 in Support
How do you guys save your projects?do you save the project with samples? Just got done.using filezilla and moved my samples to a folder and damn near lost all my samples on my beats smh. Spent long time getting them back my manually loading samples,.chops, recordings such a hassle. How can I avoid this next.time?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    I keep a well backed up sample library of core sounds that I make sure I keep in synch in case I ever lose them. Only ever had this happen once but it's never been an issue since I went from an iPad2 to an Air. It's worth planning your file naming conventions and folder structure in advance so you can grow it over time without having to go back later and rebuild the beast from scratch. One feature I've only recently found though is that if you load a beat kit you can edit the individual pads (pan & volume etc) without impacting the original loaded instrument. BM saves the new version with the project which is quite cool. Not sure if it was designed to do this, but it saves me having to produce multiple versions of the same kit if I ever tweak it in between songs. Not sure if this helps.

One way or another, iOS or not - ALWAYS back up your sample library often...
  • I think, what you described is intended. At least it is actually very handy.
    Before I found this out, I always made a set, saved it and really never used it anywhere else, I if at all, only copied single pads from one track to another.
    Now I make the individual setup from scratch, adjust it and know it is part of the song, nothing else. And IF I really want to use it in another track I can always save it...
  • @rusty @vogliadicane thanks for your input. I saved my projects and clicked copy samples, thats thw route I went still cant rename.folders without losing them.
  • Between cyber duck and FileZilla,I prefer cyber duck...it's lossy but not as bad as FileZilla....FileZilla always loses samples or files