Any suggestions for a good Audio/MIDI interface

I bought the Apogee Duet, assuming I can control my external hardware synths, but it is not possible (only MIDI IN works).

Bad luck, neither I nor the seller was informed enough, so I'll return it tomorrow.

As mentioned above, I need MIDI In and OUT.
Anybody?
MicGee?

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Anybody has experiences with the Babyface (Audio and MIDI)?
  • I am very heavily pleased with Iconnectaudio4+ especially if you have a PC/Mac daw or another iOS device...it's not the hottest as far as outputs go...but it's clean on the inputs and has phantom power... Nothing is going to beat this device at the moment as far as what it opens up for you once you start using it...it's also built very solid
  • looks like exactly, what I need. Thanks a lot for the tip!

Does BM recognize it as an audio source? Want to be sure before I order....
  • Got it and it's marvellous. Exactly, what I was looking for!
    It works with most of my iPad Apps, but not the audio in BM2.
    I'll open a new thread, I am sure someone can help me here...
  • The ica4+ has changed my life! I'm flyin audio back and forth from reason to my iPad like no tomorrow! I also created an ag device to combine it with my apogee duet...so now I can utilize the apogee pre's and hotter output...ohhhh joy!
  • edited September 2015
    completely agree, it's a dream. the 2 USB connections and endless audio rooting options give so much room for anything you want to acchieve - the limits are only in your head.
    e.g. I can now easily record spontanous BM2 live scetches or sessions on a PC without any losses. AND all my old hardware synths and effects are included, controlled via DIN MIDI plugs. MIDI and audio are recorded in BM2 and and and...Next I'll try 2 iPads for a live situation. Endless possibilities now!