Problem with audio recorder in BM2 recording audio from track playing instead of just mic audio

So I have been trying to record a rap over a beat in bm2 and the mic I used was a mic that came as part of my Sony headphone. The problem I keep running into is for some reason the song audio get recorded in the mic, is this a result of the song being turned up too loud or is it just these headphones? Or am I dong something wrong?

It's too late to fix the problem now but I need to learn how to solve this problem so it doesn't happen in the future,

Comments

• Sounds as though you are either picking up the mic into the headphones (test this by turning the volume down kinda low when you do vocals), if you are still catching the audio from bm2 on your vocal track, try another pair of headphones. I record straight into bm2 all the time and this isn't happening to me....it has to be leaky headphones or leaky wires in the headphones
  • Just a thought. If it is a headset?
    Doesn't a classic headset "have to" soehow cross-route the signals, so you can hear your own voice, when talking?

Ok in this case the cross-talk is the other way round, but maybe that's the nature of these headsets? Always assuming, it is one, of course...
  • I have the opposite happening to me. I'm trying to record a simple 2bar drum beat track but I only record my fan in my room through the iPad microphone. I switched every combination of midi setting but I guess not the right one.
  • @BigArt I'm not sure I understand what is happening are you trying to record bm2's drum sampler to an audio track instead of its own? And midi will not have anything to do with audio..midi is just information such as note, volume, pan data...

If you are trying to record into the iPad mic, this must be done on the audio track.
    If you want to cut down on noise gettin into your audio there is a setting you can get on the audio track itself where the record source is selectable and there is also a gate available to only record sounds louder than a certain threshold level.