What's going on intua?

I just read that likelihood is that intua won't be fixing the audiobus problem as they r about to drop beatmaker 3. Is this the case?
Not cool for intua to drop beatmaker 2 users in the dark just cos they're focused on selling beatmaker 3. If that's the case? I won't be buying the new version if this is the kind of customer loyalty/support they see as acceptable. Be nice for them to reply to posts on their forum. Kinda sick of these companies thinking they can keep users guessing about things or abandoned just to try and maximise their business model.

Comments

• If there will be a free bm3 upgrade then I have no problem with intua. If not then just the worst customer support ever. No announcement or news update or anything. Ios updates breaking stuff is no different to Windows or any other os update breaking stuff. It happens. Good companies/developers keep on top of it..
  • edited October 2015
    Hey @beatifictatter !

Don't worry, we are currently updating BeatMaker 2 to fix the issues that iOS 9 and Audiobus brought.

In parallel, we are working heavily on BeatMaker 3. We redesigned everything from the ground up. It is a totally new app that brings a new dimension to sampling / beatmaking on iOS.

This won't be a free update to BeatMaker 1 or 2 since this app is under development for a long time and its feature set is unmatched to this day. BeatMaker 2 is more than 4 years old and we're still updating it.
    This is our philosophy, and it comes at a price.

You can get more up-to-date news by following our Twitter @intua or Facebook page

Hope you understand our point.

Best,
    Mathieu.
  • edited October 2015
    Hello @korakios !

Thanks for being a loyal customer. You won't be disappointed with BeatMaker 3.

The initial BM3 sound bundle will be smaller compared to BeatMaker 2 but also more curated. We want to bring the initial app size down the 100MB limit, probably even less.

We realized it was problematic to download / install huge apps like BeatMaker 2 (~500MB). With the availability of the sound store, it does not make sense to provide so much samples with the initial installation.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.
  • Hey Matthieu, thanks for the response. All sounds great :) looking forward to having bm2 working properly and also picking up bm3 (sounds like it's gonna be awesome). Thanks!
  • This is a great news, Mathieu! I've been supporting Intua since 2008 (Heck, I might be one of the first on this forum, but let's not brag :)

I don't mind paying for the Beatmaker3. It was Intua which provided the first pro sample/sequencer for iOS. I first had it on my iPod touch, then on my iPad. And it wasn't expensive, so it is only fair for you, and your collaborators, Mathieu, to be paid for it.

I'm also hoping on buying the iPad Pro when it comes out in November, so I'd love to see Beatmaker 3 stretched on that big screen soon. Especially because, from the get go, I've always loved the Beatmaker's aesthetics (read design) and that, for me, is very important aspect. In other words, I don't want to look at some ugly surface while making music. I also welcome the decision to trim down the sample library and make more emphasis on the quality of kits and so on.
    Looking forward to BM3, cheers!
  • I do, however, think it is a good policy to somehow award those who invest and back your work/product. So, the suggestion for BM3 is not to be free or discounted for BM1 and BM2 owners, but maybe to offer some kind of discount for a soundpack, or offer one free soundpack for them (us). That kinda thing, but please Mathieu, take this as a suggestion, not some kind of moral lecture ;) All the best. z
  • Hey !

The iPad Pro will be a game changer for audio apps, that's for sure.

That's very motivating and cheering to have people backing us up, really.
    We have this philosophy around our apps that focuses on durability and innovation. We try to polish our apps as much as possible, with frequent updates. When you work with audio you can't really afford to lose all your work; this is very frustrating...

You're right about rewarding loyal customers; with the sound-store we can easily offer free content. In BeatMaker 2 it was integrated a tad late but nonetheless we offer free packs time to time ;-)

Thanks all of you for your support !
    Mathieu.
  • edited October 2015
    thumbs up!
  • intua said:

The iPad Pro will be a game changer for audio apps, that's for sure.

A "game changer"???? It's just a bigger iPad with keyboard and pen, nothing more...
  • The CPU in the iPad Pro is very powerful and opens possibilities like realtime time-stretching of multiple clips/tracks.
  • intua said:

The CPU in the iPad Pro is very powerful and opens possibilities like realtime time-stretching of multiple clips/tracks.

Sounds like you might have some abler on style workflow happening in BEATMAKER 3 ;) excited to see it. For now though please fix the BEATMAKER 2 dubious problems, so frustrating!

• Audiobus.....not 'dubious'. Haha
  • Oh man, I really really can't wait any longer for BM3 :))
    Can't you guys post a little screenshot? :)) Just 1024x768 pixels is enough :tongue:
  • intua said:

The CPU in the iPad Pro is very powerful and opens possibilities like realtime time-stretching of multiple clips/tracks.

Will you move on to ipad pro users and forget about us little people? You know the users who are poverty stricken and do not have a copious amount of cash to get an ipad pro when they just recently brought an Ipad Air 2 years ago :( I hope this is not the case guys. As the ipad pro costs an unreasonable amount of money and one could just get a new laptop for that price. I think it's cool you do utilize the possibilities and capabilities that come with working with said platform but just don't think you should leave most of us out to rot in this cruel world like that lol.
  • intua said:

Will you move on to ipad pro users and forget about us little people? You know the users who are poverty stricken and do not have a copious amount of cash to get an ipad pro when they just recently brought an Ipad Air 2 years ago :( I hope this is not the case guys. As the ipad pro costs an unreasonable amount of money and one could just get a new laptop for that price. I think it's cool you do utilize the possibilities and capabilities that come with working with said platform but just don't think you should leave most of us out to rot in this cruel world like that lol.
    I think with iPad Air2 you're sorted for anything which may(or may not be) be implemented just for iPad Pro. Just my two air cents.