iOS 9 Backgrounding problem

I have the Backgrounding option for BM2 set to on, but if I try and goto home screen etc, BM quits. Is this an iOS 9 problem or maybe I have some setting wrong? Worked fine for me in iOS 8. Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Comments

• A quick update. I tried switching Backgrounding off in the BM setting. I restarted my phone and switched it back on. The Backgrounding appears to be working now. :D
  • Good to know, thanks. We've got a maintenance update coming for iOS9 in the upcoming days.
  • ctecte
    edited November 2015
    That's great. I will look forward to the update. Thanks. :P
  • any news on the update guys?
  • It's being reviewed by Apple. It usually takes a few days to a full week.
  • Cool thanks for the update!
  • Awesome news. :D
  • ctecte
    edited December 2015
    I am having similar problems again. I have tried switching the backgrounding on and off like before but it doesn't fix the problem.

It is different this time though as BM will play in the background for roughly 30 seconds before it crashes. I have tried testing it directly after a re boot, with no other apps running, and it crashes every time. I am using the latest version (2.5.9) on an iPhone 6. It ran perfectly in the background for me with the last main update.

Edit: so after playing with some of my older tracks (500>2000mb project sizes), they do not crash. It only seems to happen with this new track I've started today. The track consists of only a simple beat and one fx track. Project size 1.2mb. Any one know what the problem might be? :/
  • ctecte
    edited December 2015
    An update: In the project that was crashing, I had copied and pasted a beat from the "DM1 beat" app for the first time into BM. I used audiocopy. Once it was loaded into BM I used the beat pads to cut it up etc.

I just re-saved the original DM1 wav file, inside BM, and now it doesn't crash anymore! So, not sure what was happening but BM did not like the direct wav file pasted from DM1. :/
  • I'm crashing immediately when hitting the home button too. Also, when I activate another app from an IAA instrument and return to BM2 (using app switching), BM2 is at the launch page and I have to reload my project.I thought I needed to upgrade to 2.5.9. After doing that, there is no background switch in setting and the problem persists!

The only options in settings now are Microphone and Cellular Data. What is going on??? This is preventing me from using other apps (like Nanostudio) with BM2. I use other apps as sound sources and control the via virtual midi or IAA.

Iphone 6S PLUS...
  • Using iPad Air 2 iOS 9.2.0 v 2.5.6
    IAA lets me connect Animoog (I've cleared the memory and removed the memory limit understanding Animoog is memory intensive).
    Background running fails when I swap to Animoog or hit the home button.