BM3 ((( BeatMaker III ))) ... 'Observations' - 'Bugs' - 'Improvements'... ❤️ n ✌

13»

Comments

• edited August 2017

@NoirFlux said:
    @KING lol that's pretty impressive. I should consider doing this in the future; I have all of the iMaschine 2 expansion packs. It would be great to have them all in BM3 because I do not see myself using iMaschine 2 asides from the samples.

Ha yeah, BM3, was the only reason I bought iM2, I have no other use for it. I basically bought the sounds/samples.
    Wish it was like BH2 and could be used as an AUv3..

King

• @excesseye said:

@KING said:
    Have you been mapping the instruments to the same pads, as they are in Maschine?

If yes, then, well done! ;)

I see the pic above-above 'Grey Forge' looks like you've mapped them ... Loooooooong...

Even if I was able to see the instruments names on the pads in iMaschine 2 it would be a great time saver.

I'm guessing that someone eventually will create BM3 banks of all iM2 kits and Instruments (including all of the IAPs)

King

Yes, all samples mapped to the same pads as in the original iMaschine kits, but I didn't match all the parameters like panning, relative volume, etc. I did match tuning of samples, but had to do this by ear as there is no numerical indicator of tuning offset in iMaschine.

Yep, panning (eg; Toms) and volume were another head shaking left to right for me.

You mostly wrote about Maschine, but above you mention iMaschine, are you doing both?
    I see Kit names that I don't recognise,( or are these IAPs).. I have not bought any IAPs yet coz of the work involved

King

• edited August 2017

@KING said:

You mostly wrote about Maschine, but above you mention iMaschine, are you doing both?
    I see Kit names that I don't recognise,( or are these IAPs).. I have not bought any IAPs yet coz of the work involved

King

Yeah, only iMaschine so far, and that's all I plan on doing, to be honest. This inline editor keeps autocorrecting to Maschine! I have converted all the default kits and all the IAPs too, probably around 250 kits.

The main issue I would have with desktop Maschine kits is that they often have instances of Massive synth in them which obviously wouldn't translate to BM3.

• @excesseye said:

@KING said:

King

Yeah, only iMaschine so far, and that's all I plan on doing, to be honest. This inline editor keeps autocorrecting to Maschine! I have converted all the default kits and all the IAPs too, probably around 250 kits.

The main issue I would have with desktop Maschine kits is that they often have instances of Massive synth in them which obviously wouldn't translate to BM3.

Haha, those solly - I mean silly, auto-corrects lol

250 Kits, Good stuff!
    That's 249 more than I plan to do, but who knows... may just take my time and do a few here n there.. maybe.

Enjoy!

King

• @KING said:

@excesseye said:

@KING said:
    Have you been mapping the instruments to the same pads, as they are in Maschine?

If yes, then, well done! ;)

I see the pic above-above 'Grey Forge' looks like you've mapped them ... Loooooooong...

Even if I was able to see the instruments names on the pads in iMaschine 2 it would be a great time saver.

I'm guessing that someone eventually will create BM3 banks of all iM2 kits and Instruments (including all of the IAPs)

King

Yes, all samples mapped to the same pads as in the original iMaschine kits, but I didn't match all the parameters like panning, relative volume, etc. I did match tuning of samples, but had to do this by ear as there is no numerical indicator of tuning offset in iMaschine.

Yep, panning (eg; Toms) and volume were another head shaking left to right for me.

King

Oh right sorry. I use to have Maschine a couple years ago. I sold it but still had som of the expansion packs. I uploaded all of the one shots and drums from those into BM3 folder. For iMaschine 2, I have all of the packs and wish there was a less time-consuming way to get all of those into BM3 too.