Any way to import whole folders from iCloud Drive or Audioshare?

I've got a ton of synth samples I want to import in bulk/ whole folders at a time . I have them in iCloud Drive and also in audioshare. Is there any way to do this on my iPad? I don't want to get my laptop involved at all if possible.

Comments

• edited July 2017

I'm brand new to this but I did it by ziping the folder and emailing it to my iPad, when you click the file select beat maker to open it . It will be in imported .

• In AudioShare you can zip a folder of samples by long-pressing on the folder name and choosing Make Zip Archive. Select the .zip file created and hit the Share button in the main pane on the right. Choose Import With BeatMaker 3. In BM3, the samples will be in the Imports folder

I haven’t tried it yet, but there are DropBox and iCloud buttons at the bottom of the screen in the Documents folder in BM3.

• Use iCloud in BM3 and select AudioShare from the Location menu.

Please do note that files in 'iTunes File Sharing' folder inside AudioShare will not be visible thru the 'Location' tab.
    (In those cases use the ZIP method and use Open In... from AudioShare).

iOS11 will greatly improve on the possibilities for file-access/sharing between apps and that's one iOS update I'm looking forward to.

• edited July 2017

I've just had a zip file within my dropbox with breaks samples - and imported it directly through the little icloud button (ios11) which prompts the new folder/finder thing in ios11.
    Then went into my dropbox folder and imported the zip file. worked perfectly.

Is it possible to manage your samples within BM3?
    (so that you can group them in respective folders/groups - instead of one large chunk of user imported samples?

• @william77 said:

Is it possible to manage your samples within BM3?
    (so that you can group them in respective folders/groups - instead of one large chunk of user imported samples?

Yes, using the file-explorer (the middle folder icon in the browser).
    Just tap the 'edit' button and you can easily create folders, rename, move and delete files create zip-archives etc.

• To much work to many work arounds, in BM2 I liked when you just fttp/file sharing with FileZilla and your done. Whole folders etc bring back the old file sharing way there was nothing wrong with how that worked.

• @ink1 said:
    To much work to many work arounds, in BM2 I liked when you just fttp/file sharing with FileZilla and your done. Whole folders etc bring back the old file sharing way there was nothing wrong with how that worked.

Skip Filezilla/FTP and use iFunBox, way smoother...

• ZIP + Airdrop is my favorite way of importing a bunch of files in BM3.
    ZIP + iCloud Drive works nicely too.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• FTP is definitely a huge win though, maybe comes from building sites and hacking xboxs, definitely always feels fastest for me.
  • SMB sharing of has been discussed too...
    No need for special clients just connect using macOS Finder or Windows Explorer...
    (And when properly done BM3 would just 'pop up' and be fully accessible while it's running)

• Yeah that would be dope just plug it up and no itunes or special client. Im praying they come with a simpler way of transfering files that would be a big win.
  • @ink1 said:
    Yeah that would be dope just plug it up and no itunes or special client. Im praying they come with a simpler way of transfering files that would be a big win.

If you're on a Mac using ZIP & AIrdrop to send files to iPad is pretty handy and the same goes when exporting stuff from BM3. Just Airdrop it to the Mac pretty seamless... Windows & Linux is another story though...

I'm thinking if/when SMB support gets added it would also allow easier local sync between BM3 installs(Two iOS devices as an example) without the use of 'cloud-services'.

I've not yet installed iOS11 on my iPad but I would not be surprised if someone makes a SMB-PlugIn/Extension for the Files.app allowing users to easily browse NAS-Drives and other devices on the network...