Need help with sampling other apps instruments

What is the best method when sampling other instruments from other apps? I've tried doing it with iaa but it doesn't seem to capture the quality of the instrument it seemed to degrade it to me. What am I doing wrong and what's the best way to go about it?

Comments

• edited July 2017
    AudioShare. If you have Audiobus use that too. Otherwise just use IAA. I use the multitasking sideswipe, AudioShare brilliantly is implemented for that so you can record into AudioShare and do your file management /renaming without leaving your other app. I would absolutely recommend you name your samples before importing to BM3. Record your samples then zip up the folder and send it to BM3. In BM3 I do all the trimming there, not AudioShare. And finally save your samples using the filebrowser, put them in separate directories, in other words save your instruments and copy the processed samples before deleting the imported raw samples. Back up as a Zip your presets after each session to be on the safe side. BM3 can and does lose work but so long as you have an up to date backup you'll be good!

As far as quality goes just add some short reverb and compression, possibly some saturation to the bank. That will give it back its shine. Set your polyphony somewhere between 1-10.
  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    AudioShare. If you have Audiobus use that too. Otherwise just use IAA. I use the multitasking sideswipe, AudioShare brilliantly is implemented for that so you can record into AudioShare and do your file management /renaming without leaving your other app. I would absolutely recommend you name your samples before importing to BM3. Record your samples then zip up the folder and send it to BM3. In BM3 I do all the trimming there, not AudioShare. And finally save your samples using the filebrowser, put them in separate directories, in other words save your instruments and copy the processed samples before deleting the imported raw samples. Back up as a Zip your presets after each session to be on the safe side. BM3 can and does lose work but so long as you have an up to date backup you'll be good!

As far as quality goes just add some short reverb and compression, possibly some saturation to the bank. That will give it back its shine. Set your polyphony somewhere between 1-10.

Sorry for the late reply but thanks I’m giving beatmaker another chance the crashes got so bad I left for awhile but I can say it hasn’t been to bad on my 2020 pro