Favourite AU3 synth currently available

edited July 2017 in General
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• There isnt one best, there are many good ones that sound different from each others! Hope this helps :P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Try Kaspar by Yonac Inc.
  • I dont have all the auv3 synths currently available, but from those I own, Id say its a toss up between Poison 202 and Addictive Pro as far as dance goes. Thats not saying I use them the most, but as far as making dance they have more options than the others I have, which are Viking Synth, NS1, Mood, Laplace, Lorentz, Klevgrand Pads and ISEM. I like Mood and ISEM a lot, but imo they're both more along the lines of old school vintage synths.

• The most versatile AUv3 “synth" to be used with Beatmaker 3 must be Beathawk 2...

Yeah, it’s not a synth, but, the ability to use it as an plugin that have almost every sound you need, it is out of competitors...

• @triton100 said:
    null
    That's interesting. Beathawk seems amazing. Anh has many of bm3s features already. Using a sampler within a sampler seems a bit overkill though but you're right if it has the sounds then that's the bottom line.
    I guess if bm3 came out with great sound packs there'd be no need to double up on getting beathawk though.

which would be a tough competition to beat in that regard - because UVI is the developer of beathawk and sample-wise they are light years ahead. that's their hometurf.

But I'll have to check the sample-packs for beathawk myself. I must admit that I bought that thing and it didn't get much used since then.... :/
    Maybe I'm missing out big time. :p

• Model 15 because BasssszzzzssssZZZZZSSSS

• edited July 2017

@ForAiur said:
    Model 15 because BasssszzzzssssZZZZZSSSS

But Model 15 does NOT support AUv3 - or does it?
    Because that's the actual question.

Non-AUv3 are already a lot of those available and there are quite a few favourites between them.

• IceGear synths are by far my favourites. Each one is unique and wonderful in it's own way!
  • @triton100 said:

@OscarSouth said:
    IceGear synths are by far my favourites. Each one is unique and wonderful in it's own way!

Which would you reccomend for top 10 mainstream chart dance

Do you make "top 10" mainstream chart dance?
    If so. What is the difference between top 10 and top 11-100 mainstream chart dance?

Just curious. Because I would think that if someone does top 10 dance music - he should know. ;)

But on a serious note - that question is too generic to really get a pinpoint answer to that.
    You could basically use almost ANY synth for chart dance music - totally depends on the sound you're after.

And there's the problem with such a recommendation. Somebody might like experimental stuff - other like classic moog sound. Best way to go about this - is to listen to yourself. Fire up YouTube and you will find to almost ANY synth a tutorial or review.
    Listen and decide yourself which one is the closest to YOUR vision of top 10 dance Music.

• edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, AUv3 is finally getting the traction it deserves. We can soon say goodbye to all the tedious juggling with standalone apps and tinkering with arcane MIDI configurations.

• @triton100 said:
    Maybe I was being generic for simplicity sake and speed of writing on a forum. I am very new to mobile music production hence the questions and was just looking for a general headsup also in terms of stability ease of use compatibiliy etc . I do indeed know what sounds make mainstream tracks. I have more experience with the likes of omnisphere komplete symphobia trilian etc etc.
    I have also spent time checking out YouTube demos and have pretty much made my mind what I will be purchasing for my mobile arsenal. The purpose of this post was more out of curiosity than anything and to see if I'd missed out on anything as the mobile scene seems to be exploding.
    I hope that's enough to satisfy your curiosity.

In that case I'm pretty sure that Kaspar and Poison 202 will definitely hit the ballpark here.
    (that is for Synths with convinient AUv3 Support)

With these two you can't do much wrong and the integration in BM3 with AUv3 is the best/easiest setup for the least headeaches regarding session recalls and such.

Other than that - if budget is not a problem - than you have the whole KORG line in the app store, the Moogs are great and so much more stuff. And with any of those - you can perform some magic, if you can program a synth.

If you're a newbie - I would suggest that you stick to 1-2 synths at the beginning and try to learn them as deeply as you can - programming and all that.
    Because other than that - you'll always be stuck with factory presets.

There's a video on youtube where it shows swedish house mafia creating one of their famous basslines out of a bass drum sample - so much for the "what synth is best for"..... ;)
    It's just your Imagination and a lot of experimentation (and the will to dive deep into a synths capabilities)

• @william77 said:
    Other than that - if budget is not a problem - than you have the whole KORG line in the app store, the Moogs are great and so much more stuff. And with any of those - you can perform some magic, if you can program a synth.

None of these are AUv3 compatible though.

• Buy the @brambos Auv3, all of them, not only because they are wide ranging, but you are also supporting one of the outstanding developers in AUv3 right now, not only from the software he develops, but also the support he offers and the fact he interacts outside of support too.
    Beside that just buy Poison 202, its a great bread n butter virtual analogue.
  • edited July 2017

Arturia ISEM is my current favorite. Kv331 said they are working to bring AU to Synthmaster IOS...I like it better than their desktop version.

• Phasemaker, with Wavemapper a close second.

• AddictivePro from Virsyn in addition to those mentioned in above posts.

• Kaspar iSEM are really good

• edited July 2017
    I also absolutely love Brambos stuff and fully recommend it. Only reason I opt for IceGear over his 'tonal' stuff is that I use the fine tune dial a great deal in my professional work and his instruments don't have one. They're my go to options for jamming though (well, Troublemaker - I just have that and Ruismaker classic). I use Ruismaker on EVERYTHING!

Viking Synth (Blamsoft) is also fantastic.

Jamming on Lorentz and Redshrike tonight. Oh so much perfection..