I'm about to interview Intua at their Paris HQ. Do you have questions you're burning to ask?

Hi guys! I'm in Paris at the moment and was lucky enough to have a conversation with Vincent at Intua's HQ. Though the team at Intua is very busy working on BeatMaker3's update 3.0.1, we're scheduling an interview early next week. Do you have questions you're burning to ask about BM3 or Intua? Now is the time to share them. I'll watch this thread all this weekend and select the best ones.

Comments

• Cool, I am curious how many people are on the team.

• edited July 2017

Mainly two devs (Vincent & Mathieu) working full time + outside help from around the world

• Favourite film from 1975

• edited July 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Favourite film from 1975

Ah.. French movies from the 70s... Two bearded men staring silently into the fog. For 90 minutes. A girl passes by on a bicycle while dramatic music starts playing. They ignore her. The end. :p

• Curious about their favourite hardware/software and their early journey/motivation to designing music software
  • edited July 2017

Maybe the most burning question of all: When is the BM3.1 update coming? :D

just kidding :p

• Haha, guaranteed that'll come up in conversation.. maybe 'off the record' tho ;)
  • @5pinlink said:
    Favourite film from 1975

I wasn't even born, does that count ?

• @mathieugarcia said:

@5pinlink said:
    Favourite film from 1975

I wasn't even born, does that count ?

Well, here you go..... :)
    http://www.imdb.com/year/1975/

• Hi guys! Sorry I was keeping our AB Forum feed warm. I see @mathieugarcia is taking care of business :smile: More questions please!

• Are they really surfers?
  • "I wasn't even born, does that count ?" Way to make me feel even older, thanks !!!
    Oh and its a trick question, there is only one answer, but we will need a bigger boat ;)
  • Isn't Paris too expensive for iOS devs to live? How about moving to Coquitlam, BC Canada? ...and we can hang out, go hiking.

• edited July 2017

What are their music preferences? Who are their favourite artists?

• @5pinlink said:
    "I wasn't even born, does that count ?" Way to make me feel even older, thanks !!!
    Oh and its a trick question, there is only one answer, but we will need a bigger boat ;)

You got some teeth.

What advice to you have for new programmers (not dsp) do you have.. habits, routines, wisdom you've learned on the journey?

How much googling vs instinct when solving progamming problems?

favorite creative techniques in BM3?

What do you like about Paris?

• edited July 2017

You got some teeth.

@funk That was a movie reference, right?

• Heheh, more a nod to knowing what 5pin was referring to but not a direct quote.

• edited July 2017

@yaknepper said:
    Are they really surfers?

LOL

• @Nick said:
    What are their music preferences? Who are their favourite artists?

Nice one! Will ask. Thx @Nick

• Hi guys! Thank you for your questions, suggestions & jokes. The next two steps:
    1) a written article will be published after summer vacations. I'll let you know which publication once it is ready.
    2) an exclusive video interview will be scheduled once the release date for the desktop version is known :wink: