Sampled my stylophones single cycle waveforms to a bm3 bank

edited July 2017 in General

I sampled 16 notes to 16 pads from all 3 octave settings. First pads page is the lowest octave setting chromatically starting from C, next page is same, but mid octave, 3rd page is 3rd octave, and fourth page has the samples that were split to different pads.
I noticed that pitching the different samples gives slightly different tones, as they are sampled for analog source and waveform on every note varies a bit. I didnt want to put any effects for it, so that people can play around with that themselves, so the base sound is pretty raw, but still useable as is imo. Also stylophone has this weird attack in its sound that doesent translate into single cycle wave, but it can be explored on the samples and could work for some fast single shots.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uTV24C6-zvQ0daT0h4dngzWEk

Comments

• Thanks, and what the heck is that thing? Never seen that.

• @huphtur said:
    Thanks, and what the heck is that thing? Never seen that.

Hehe no problem :)
    Its this weird toy instrument originally from 60's i think, which works by connecting current from the pen to those "keys". They started making these again a while back, and also some more complex versions. I got mine second hand for 10€ i think it was. Its no fun to play, but there is a nice character in its sound imo

• Thnx for sharing this.
  • thanks brother...if anyone is interested in some synth sounds from nexus let me know.i used redmatica autosampler to rip a ton of sounds.