Is there a quick way to sample a live input, much like AU sampling?

Must be an easier way apart from creating an audio track and selecting hardware input?

Comments

• Sampler on pads
  • What ?
  • Select Sampler on the left. In any tab but the "Plugin" tab you'll see "Rec" in red under a red button. Press it. Under "Recording Source" select your input and set the other options as desired, then press START to start recording. Press RECORDING to stop the recording. Multiple recordings to the same pad are saved as layers.

• Trouble I'm finding is that the Sampling Record Window that appears freezes other fuctionality underneath , so you can't ReSample by pushing Play for the original sample or you cant play the pads to ReSample a pad or record playing the pads live , or presumably make any realtime tweaks to fx or parameters as you record .

I'm having to create midi patterns first , if only to trigger a pad once , to be able to use the Seq Play button acessible in the Sampling Record window .
    Hope that makes sense , & I hope a more immediate method can be found , that allows more interaction with Play/ Pads & Parameters whilst recording.
    I may rework this as a Feature Request .

• I keep trying to long press an audio item on an audio track and send to sampler, that would fix it for me.
  • Suggested on the Audiobus forum to create audio tracks with the input set to the bank with the Au. Arm the track and hit play, just like any other IAA daw? The audio tracks get saved as recordings in the session until saved as samples in the sample directory.