BeatMaker 3.0.1 - Current status and change log

edited August 2017 in General

Current status: Live on the App Store.

What's new in BeatMaker 3.0.1

• Added a "MIDI Setup" button when loading an IAA or Audiobus plugin, both on the PLUGIN tab and within the split keyboard screens. This makes setting MIDI output port & channel easier for apps that need proper configuration.
  • Added an option in MIDI settings (Browser > Gear icon > MIDI tab), to toggle MIDI data forwarding to the selected pad, a.k.a. 'OMNI'. When turned off, MIDI routing will be performed regarding Bank / Pad MIDI input configuration. When turned ON, every MIDI messages will be forwarded to the currently selected pad. All this happens if the MIDI message wasn't assigned to a MIDI focus action.
  • Instantiation of AUv3 has been improved.
  • Focus actions learning can be cancelled by simply pressing the button again. Also, when switching tabs or hidden the view, learning will be silently stopped.
  • Improved support of BM2 presets.
  • Renamed "SVFilter 6" to "6-band EQ".
  • The "Velocity" ON/OFF toggle on the keyboard screens will properly be restored.
  • Improved USB/iTunes file import, the Documents directory will refresh automatically and ZIP files will be extracted and content imported.
  • It's now possible to tag sessions, bank presets and samples in the browser 'Files' + EDIT mode.
  • It’s now possible to add custom categories and sub-categories.
  • Improved the "Restore Purchases" functionality.
  • Improved Audiobus support (ports naming and icons).
  • Improved sorting of samples in the 'SAMPLES' tab of the Editor screen.
  • Case-insensitive sorting of IAA plugins.
  • Double-tapping a pattern while in SELECT mode (SONG) will open the Pattern Editor.
  • Disabled crossfading for samples using disk streaming.
  • Properly update the extra frame needed for linear interpolation, in regard of current looping mode.
  • Added a 'glow' animation to make it more obvious than an user action / MIDI message is required.
  • Fixed an issue where the plugin selector would keep being re-created each time a pad was changing. This led to various crashes.
  • Fixed "channel-less" MIDI messages that would cause subsequent MIDI data to be interpreted as SysEx, resulting in some unexpected behavior. Now, for example, the BeatStep Pro transport buttons work as expected.
  • Fixed latency change crash.
  • Fixed IAA instruments & effects timestamping. Now, most plugins should behave normally.
  • Fixed internal MIDI port feedback loop, since two "BeatMaker 3" ports (input / output) were listed in the MIDI input / output ports list.
  • Fixed an issue where AUv3 saved in a bank preset wouldn’t recover their state.
  • Fixed a glitch in the Macro Screen that would make it impossible to switch between macro slots and display the X/Y zones.
  • Fixed Sound Store result parsing leading to crashes.
  • Fixed and improved MIDI import, it is also now possible to import MIDI in SCENE & PATTERN modes.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen while disconnecting from Ableton Link.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen while installing multiple sound-packs.
  • Fixed a crash related to selection of current scene.
  • Fixed an issue with some recorded patterns that would lead to a crash when exporting.
  • Fixed UI rendering of stretched audio clips.
  • Fixed sub-category filtering.
  • Fixed default position of value editors with patterns.
  • Fixed a crash that would happen when disabling the default Amplitude Envelope and setting the trigger type to 'HOLD'.
  • Various smaller improvements

Comments

• edited July 2017

Excellent! Will spend the rest of the week waiting for Apple to get this live :) Thanks guys!

• Thanks to all the team!
  • Apple needs to approve this IMEDIATELY!
  • Aaaah well, no fixes for my issues, maybe next time.
  • edited July 2017

Waiting...

• Damn.....no midi clock.
  • Is slice by transients included?

• I dont think there is anything added, looks just to be a bug fix release, i expect a few more bug fix releases before any of the needed new features are added.
  • Great, thanks for this update!

• Nice update! Good work!

• Nice to see such a quick follow up on fixes.
  • THank you, Mathieu and your team.

• @KudZu_Tang said:
    Damn.....no midi clock.

tick tock-what no clock? double damn.
    hopefully being able to use my controller is a start tho.

• @canister I use the free MIDI Link Sync app to send a MIDI clock to my MPD controller or convert an incoming Link signal to MIDI clock. Works flawlessly
  • @OscarSouth Thank you. I still would like it in app as it was before.
  • @mathieugarcia said:
    Current status: Submitted to the App Store for review.

What's new in BeatMaker 3.0.1

• Added a "MIDI Setup" button when loading an IAA or Audiobus plugin, both on the PLUGIN tab and within the split keyboard screens. This makes setting MIDI output port & channel easier for apps that need proper configuration.
    • Added an option in MIDI settings (Browser > Gear icon > MIDI tab), to toggle MIDI data forwarding to the selected pad, a.k.a. 'OMNI'. When turned off, MIDI routing will be performed regarding Bank / Pad MIDI input configuration. When turned ON, every MIDI messages will be forwarded to the currently selected pad. All this happens if the MIDI message wasn't assigned to a MIDI focus action.

Will this help with Apps like KORG MODULE that accept an external Midi Input device like a keyboard but could not be triggered from apps?

• When's it going to drop ?
  • yeah, just checked and i've actually got that app (i don't have that many, only half dozen) and it's rock solid. think i got it to use with Samplr. spent all last eve getting to know bm3 a bit more. pleasure abounds :)

• @coolD said:
    Is slice by transients included?

I'm looking forward to this too - honestly I thought it was in the app when I bought it.

Good work on tye bug fixes! Really like this app so far, excited by what it could become.

• Since there are a lot of browser improvements in this update, is some kind of fast scrolling through samples/files (e.g. alphabetic scrollbar) implemented also, even if not listed?

• Delayed? ;)

• App Store updates can take anywhere from 2 days to a full week. An app this size, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a few more days.

• @KING said:
    Waiting...

Still Waiting..

King

• The app store review process is all a bit of a mystery, would love to sit in on how they do it...
    More likely intua spotted other bugs and decided to resubmit?

• edited August 2017

I'm delighted that the 3.01 update is now available on the App Store. I'm also delighted that using more than one instance of the same AUv3 plugin now produces audio when reopening a session. Nice one Intua! :)

Now if Intua update BM3 so that scenes can record into the song mode and more than 8 banks can be used then this will be the perfect DAW for iOS.

• @Artmuzz said:
    I'm delighted that the 3.01 update is now available on the App Store. I'm also delighted that using more than one instance of the same AUv3 plugin now produces audio when reopening a session. Nice one Intua! :)

Now if Intua update BM3 so that scenes can record into the song mode and more than 8 banks can be used then this will be the perfect DAW for iOS.

There are a hell of a lot of bugs they need to work on before adding more features ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    There are a hell of a lot of bugs they need to work on before adding more features ;)

Since you've postponed your Maschine-to-BM3 project, it'd be great if you could write an overview showing which bugs from version 1 you think are still to be fixed after a thorough test of 3.0.1. Are you game?