Imported MIDI track not functional

I'm dropping a MIDI track from the browser onto BANK A. This MIDI file contains note and CC data and is confirmed to work in other applications. I have set the MIDI I/O for Bank A properly selecting the right channel and device. I hit play and the project starts to play ... but nothing is sent to my external device. Everything is connected and works fine in other apps using the same setting. My device is ON in the main MIDI settings window as well.

My issues are:
1) playback but no MIDI data being sent
2) no CC data is showing up in Beatmaker 3 ... but it shows up in other apps
3) overly confusing interaction between SONG, SCENE, PATTERN views

I should be able to drop a MIDI track into the timeline, configure my I/O, hit play and go right? I have wasted hours trying different things. This is a VERY BASIC functionality of every DAW I've used in 20 years. What am I doing wrong?view and hit PAD

The only clue I have is that if I go to sample view and hit pad one ... a single MIDI note is sent. FOr the love of god, please don't tell me I have to monkey around with sample view or performance view just to play back a MIDI file. I mean ... I see the notes in the timeline on SEQUENCER view.

Comments

• Yes, I experience unexpected behavior with importing midi...AND I am importing from BM2, so you would think it would be a hassle-free operation. I wrestled and wrestled... here's is the best solution I came up with...

-export midi from BM2
    -import to Cubase (surely some other daw would work too)
    -dissolve each midi track by pitch to separate midi tracks
    -move each note on each track to c3 (cuz this is where sample placed on pad in BM3 lands by default)
    -export midi form cubase
    -import midi to BM3...now each midi note is assigned to a pad in the pattern
    -load appropriate sample to pad

Now, this may not be necessary with a "regular" instrument like a synth, cuz in that case you want all of the notes on the same pad... i haven't tried this yet...most of my midi data is loops and individual drum sounds..mpc style... Overall, though I agree...working with midi has issues in BM3... (and no export!!!)...

Would be nice if midi import behaved as expected...

I don't know if this part of the update has anything to do with your problems:

"Fixed "channel-less" MIDI messages that would cause subsequent MIDI data to be interpreted as SysEx, resulting in some unexpected behavior. Now, for example, the BeatStep Pro transport buttons work as expected."

• Well I'm trying to trigger MIDI notes like a synth ... so this won't work for me. Hmmm ...

• Can you upload the MIDI file please

• Just to be clear ... I'm trying to send MIDI data (note and CC) out from Beatmaker 3 to an external device. I'm using a Zoom U-24 audio/MIDI interface and sending on channel 1. Everything is configured correctly in both the MIDI setting page and on Bank A itself to transmit through my Zoom on channel 1. This sett up works in other apps on my iPad.

The MIDI file itself is fine and can be imported into other apps with no issue.

Beatmaker 3 does not see the CC data at all and won't send the not data out to the properly selected outputs.