Request: View pads while viewing AU effect

jbwjbw
edited July 2017 in Feature Requests

When you view an AU effect it only gives you the keyboard option, which means you can only play samples if you map them within the pad (and across the keyboard).

Maybe that is intentional I don't know, but would be nice to at least have the option to play the pads of the bank. Example:

I have 8 samples mapped to 8 pads in a bank. I add an AU effect to the bank, then view the AU, then tap the hypothetical button to switch to pad view, then I can play each pad and hear how it sounds with the effect (as mentioned above, currently all you're given is a keyboard for one of the pads).

Hopefully that made sense! :)

Comments

• Hey @jbw,

That'd be pretty interesting to have the pads as well, since it's possible with our internal FXs.
    Some UI tweaking would be needed to display the 16 pads in 'landscape', but nothing too difficult :-)

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• jbwjbw
    edited July 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @jbw,

That'd be pretty interesting to have the pads as well, since it's possible with our internal FXs.
    Some UI tweaking would be needed to display the 16 pads in 'landscape', but nothing too difficult :-)

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Could be 8x2, with maybe arrows on the side to scroll up/down across the whole 64.

While I have your ear, I'm noticing for some AU effects not all knobs are available to be mapped to macros. I've only tried a few, and for each on only four knobs were available, with some left out. This means no automation for those knobs! :'( Not sure if that's something for you to fix, or the developer of the AU effect, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for listening. :)

• In the "AU Knobs" page, you can replace knobs by pressing the "•••" button. A list of parameters will appear for you to chose :)

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    In the "AU Knobs" page, you can replace knobs by pressing the "•••" button. A list of parameters will appear for you to chose :)

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Not all parameters show up for every AU. So I guess that's up to the developer of the AU to make the parameters available?

• BM3 lists all AU Parameters that are made available by the plugin, yeah.