50% Quantize

Hey there, first of all thank god for beatmaker 3. i love it very much. But for the style of music i make i'm really missing an option for soft quantization. the ability to quantize f.e. with 50% strength would make live so much easier. @intua: is this ever gonna come?

And how are you users dealing with this? Is there a workaround?

Comments

• This is the first I have heard of soft Quantise... sounds cool!

• I'm intrigued by this too.

• Every desktop daw i know has this feature, and it's been there for many years. Beatmaker 3 feels really grown up so i'm kinda surprised that you can only quantize with 100% strength. Kills the groove :'(

• 50% quantise sounds nice but I'd also really love to see an option to turn off the note-end quantise!

This is especially annoying when using 'hold' as the trigger mode while playing short notes with quantise turned on.
    The short events always get rounded-up to the quantise value (so if quantise is set to 1/16 the shortest recorded note will be 1/16 even if the note lasts for 1/32 or even 1/64).

Also being able to set the gate-time for the repeat function would be super handy.

• +1
    It should be placed right next to the current quantize button OR a drop-down options from long press on quantize.

• @samu Yeh big +1 on this one too. Whenever I'm hitting really short notes on the pads and recording, on playback the sequencer is doing what you described. Making the notes longer. Hope this is able to get changed soon...
  • Auria Pro has this too I believe. A handy function!
  • @mathieugarcia hoping this one is a quick/easy fix for you :) Currently its impossible to record short notes/pad hits and the way they're all stretched automatically to same length loses a lot of the feel and can totally change the sound depending on the sample.
  • +1 would love this