New Beta and added 16 bank groups

edited August 2017 in General
The new beta adds more banks but they're currently nested extra 16 bank groups of 8 banks each with no way to rearrange tracks on the main timeline. I feel It's a poor fix. What's needed is the ability to add instruments on the main timeline to make BM3 a full hybrid linear/pattern DAW and the ability to freely arrange individual tracks up and down the timeline. If there were just straight added banks it might be different. I really have issues with keyboard/instruments being buried in the pad interface. Please breakout instruments from the drum pad interface onto the Song mode timeline.

Comments

• I wouldn't have a problem if the song/pattern editing was as good as BM2. The copying, slicing, duplicating of midi patterns/audio tracks was awesome in the sequencer. I need that.
  • I couldn't agree more bm2 piano roll was setup perfect. It's all good though I'm getting the hang of bm3 piano roll but still way to many taps to get to something.
  • edited August 2017
    @KudZu_Tang BM2 had no pattern editor. BM2 was strictly a linear DAW.
  • @stormywaterz Agreed, BM3 requires way too many taps to navigate between nested banks and the main song timeline. At the moment BM3 is too groovebox oriented unlike BM2's linear workflow.
  • edited August 2017

This is very very bad news :(
    Are all the beta testers asking for this, or are they just ignoring beta testers and it would seem, all of their users ?
    I actually had a lot of hope for this app, sad times !!!
    Add MIDI tracks that can be sent anywhere or infinite banks, this is 2017 not 1987.
    All the interest in this software will disappear very very quickly if it becomes just another drum machine, which is all it is right now.

1 limiting sequencing with this bank nonsense
    2 limiting sample based instrumentation by having no global effectors\modulators

These two things leave this app nothing but a glorified drum machine, music production redefined it is not !!!

• edited August 2017
    @5pinlink Unfortunately many BM3 beta testers never got on with BM2's linear workflow. Too many influential BM3 beta testers are focused and recreating Native Instruments Machine groovebox pattern based paradigm. I for one hope for a linear/pattern based hybrid DAW.
  • That's it then i guess, it is time to move on, because Maschine is a complete and total mess when it comes to arrangement, and even Maschine has unlimited banks.

This discussion has been closed.