Modwheel & Sus Pedal Only Effect Currently Active Pad in Bank - Solved!??

edited August 2017 in Support
Short version:
I've built a bank of pitched overtone samples and want to perform with it using the modulation wheel on only some pads as a 'latched' pitch bend and the sustain pedal on all of them.

The sustain or mod wheel pedal will only effect the currently 'active' pad.

One example:
I hit pad 16 (mod wheel shifts 13-16) and shift up one semitone. Then I hit pad 13, it is still on it's original pitch and will 'jump' when I touch the mod wheel.

Second example:
I hit pad 1 with the sustain pedal down then hit pad 4. Pad 4 won't sustain and when I release the sustain pedal, pad 1 continues to sound.

Is there any way to make them function as I'd expect? (IE in example 1 when I hit pad 13 it sounds the pitch shifted tone and in example 2 the sustain pedal acts as I'd expect for all pads simultaneously).

I've tried setting the MIDI sources of both the bank and individual pads, but it didn't seem to change anything.

Cheers,
Oscar

Comments

• edited August 2017
    After a lot of experimenting I've managed to create the behaviour that I want. I made sure none of the pads in question were set to focus actions then I set the bank to listen to all channels on the controller. After that I told each pad to individually listen to channel 1, which the mod wheel and sus pedal were sending to.

To keep the notes off the usable space on the keyboard attached to the pad controller (as all MIDI channels are now in use..) I mapped every pad on the controller to send a C7, set each BM3 pad's note to that and mapped the samples to only trigger on that note. For some reason sometimes a clicking kind of noise comes through when pressing a key, but oh well! I'll figure that out later.

Getting to grips with how the pad note and the sample mapping interacted really cleared things up for me regarding setting up MIDI in BM3.

Anyway, it's good that I could get it to work how I wanted, but I'd love to just map specific note values on one singular channel to each pad.

It should theoretically be possible but when I tried to set it up it just didn't work (closest I got was clicky sounds coming from the notes, I've got no idea why). @mathieugarcia is there anything here that I'm missing? It's great that it's possible but seems very inconvenient to have to send note data on every single channel to achieve it.

Cheers,
    Oscar
  • edited August 2017
    The instrument is sounding amazing but I can't figure out how to use the MIDI keyboard which is a part of the same controller as the pads, to control an AU synth on Bank B. When setting it up like I normally would, the AU isn't responding to the keyboard at all. Can see the MIDI going to Bank A (no sound obviously as there are no samples mapped to those keys) but nothing to Bank B, even though it's the active bank and has been instructed explicitly to listen to that controller on that channel. This is a mystery for tomorrow!

I would kill or die to get these 16 pads to react correctly to 16 different MIDI note numbers on the same channel..