Drag Effects Order?

edited August 2017 in Feature Requests

Not sure if this has been requested/mentioned already... in the FX, instead of clicking the triple dots on an effect, and selecting "MOVE UP" or "MOVE DOWN", why not drag and drop?

Comments

• @huphtur said:
    Not sure if this has been requested/mentioned already... in the FX, instead of clicking the triple dots on an effect, and selecting "MOVE UP" or "MOVE DOWN", why not drag and drop?

Yes, that can be a little frustrating.

Even if the "MOVE UP" or "MOVE DOWN" pop-up stayed open until you tapped outside of it, instead of having to tap the 3 dots then "MOVE UP" or "MOVE DOWN" then repeat and repeat (and repeat) until its where you want it.

King

• Not essential but definitely a desirable workflow tweak.
  • edited August 2017

I will +1 this too, haha. Also: effect folding as suggested by @samu and others :-)

• @mathieugarcia said:
    I will +1 this too, haha. Also: effect folding as suggested by @samu and others :-)

Yep, the folding/collapsing feature will be welcome.

Many times I have quickly tried to get to a particular fx, or to the bottom of the fx chain, (to add another) and have unintentionally changed a setting on one of the open fx.
    With no undo it's almost impossible to change it back, (precisely/exactly) as it was.

Also having the add/(+) button always visible, would be an advantage.

Cheers,

King

• 1 Replace effect on the three dots of an effect.

2 Propagate AU parameters to column, have a number box per parameter in "Show AU parameters" that when selected will push the parameter to the effect column in the numbered order, the column is much quicker for navigating/editing, a lot of effects are simple enough to warrant this.

3 Collapse Effects.

• +1 on all @5pinlink's stuff
  • +1 ditto