Way of selecting + choosing AU/IAA instrument directly from SONG/SCENES/PATTERN PAGE

edited August 2017 in Feature Requests

Please can you make it so we can easily browse and choose an AU or IAA instrument for a track from the SONG/SCENES/PATTERN PAGE. Having to flip between pages just to add an instrument to a track is not good for workflow.

There is currently a drop-down menu "Load Bank" in the mixer and bank page but not session. I think much thought needs to go into making selection of an instrument as straight forward as - say - Gadget. Wherever one happens to be. Currently I just feel there's too much need for flipping around.

Comments

• +1. Excellent suggestion.
    This app has a lot of unnecessary tapping to get even simple tasks done. I hope the UI can be simplified or rearranged to make our workflows more intuitive.
  • So this request is for AU/IAA instrument tracks ?
    It would currently be a struggle to implement a "load AU/IAA" command directly in to the Song/Scene/Pattern page (Arranger), how would it know which pad to load it to ?
    There is already a load bank command in the Arranger, just long press the banks letter on the track.

• edited August 2017

@5pinlink said:
    There is already a load bank command in the Arranger, just long press the banks letter on the track.

That's cool, I didn't know that, thanks!

• Yeah there are a few long press locations that people miss.
    I will try to do a quick video when i get chance.

• edited December 2017

I realise there are long-press locations that bring up a menu for LOAD BANK but that is till too cumbersome. There just needs to be a button to select a plugin or click on the plugin icon in order to bring it up directly.

Or at the lease a SEPERATE menu in the bank menu - "LOAD/EDIT PLUGIN" would help. Better still would just be to place an icon of the synth app/AU somewhere near the track in question to bring up the plugin editor.

As in many other apps - a single "click" should bring up the editor for the instrument on a track. Or to change it or load one. Currently theres still too many steps.

I also wish the "select song/create new" dialog could be optional and switched off.

• Maybe i misunderstand the workflow, but currently only load one plug in per bank. Meaning only the first pad is used, this is because I don't want the midi notes for a lead mixed into a track of drum or other instruments. So why can I not use the song tracks just to load instruments/plugins. It's what you do in a Daw right? If i want to do beats, one shots, pitched samples then sure I make a kit in a bank and play it into the arranger. So why not load plugins straight to tracks and pop open the piano roll and plugin page with one click. Currently I think it's about 5 or six taps back and forth.
  • @EkkoPunkt said:
    Maybe i misunderstand the workflow, but currently only load one plug in per bank. Meaning only the first pad is used, this is because I don't want the midi notes for a lead mixed into a track of drum or other instruments. So why can I not use the song tracks just to load instruments/plugins. It's what you do in a Daw right? If i want to do beats, one shots, pitched samples then sure I make a kit in a bank and play it into the arranger. So why not load plugins straight to tracks and pop open the piano roll and plugin page with one click. Currently I think it's about 5 or six taps back and forth.

You can actually load 128 plug-ins per bank if needed...
    By default 'keys' mode is selected when you drag a plug-in to the bank. Tap the keys / (up right) and you'll the other pads.

• edited December 2017
    Its a long time request ;)
  • Yeah thanks Samu, I get that I can load 128 plugins per bank, but my point is I don't want to. I just want to use one track in song mode per plugin so why make a bank at all. I know it's probably because BM has it's roots in pad mode production, but from a Daw pov it seems a bit silly.
  • It is actually very powerful and allows layering of synths easier than most other DAWs, but yes individual MIDI tracks are needed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2017
    thanks for hearing us out! It truly is a game changing App! I actually returned the buggy badly built mpc live and went and bought an ipad pro, purely for BM3!!
  • They haven’t heard us yet, here’s hoping they do :)