Good News for Sample Editors (the Editors of Samples, Those Who Are About to Edit Samples, etc..)

Over on the Auria Forum I asked about the functionality of cutting at zero crossings in Auria Pro. Rim commented that on checking the code he noticed that 'Snap to Zero Point' had been turned off, and would be back on for the next update!

This is great news for editing samples in Auria Pro, as it should make workflow much quicker and easier when trimming multiple samples in there!

Comments

• First, anything that helps sample editing to that level of detail is great, so in that context, keep on bringing the news! Its mind boggling that zero point snapping is rare. Im delighted that BM3s sample editor is pretty reliable. If your channels are out of phase, BM3 seems to bias the left channel, meaning clicks on the right channel can still be present, but some cosmetic fine grained editing can get you out of that spot of bother... or were you just celebrating that audio software on iOS is finally growing up? No matter - any news about the technicalities of sample Editing welcomed as far as I'm concerned!

• More of general awareness. Could be confusing that the option for Zero Crossing Snap is available, but in practise is not functional. It'll definitely make editing my samples quicker!

• There might be a lot of stuff still waiting to appear in BM3 :)

During beta I 'spilled my guts' regarding editing features (one of them is individual editing/selection of left & right channels, being able to separate them into two samples, discard one of the channels and merge two mono samples into a stereo pair) and simple phase-invert of either channel to avoid using a 'layer fx slot' for that.

Regarding the selection-tools the Caustic sample-editor is pretty inspirational with 'touch zones' to move & set the left & right markers, no need to use any small 'handles'.

Still missing are custom 'snap to beat'(it's currently locked at 1/8) as well as being able to change the ruler to show samples, ticks/beats/bar and time.

Destructive re-sampling (both bits and sample-rate) and using the 'plug-in sampler' on sampler instruments.

So yeah, once the more obvious bugs get sorted out we can look forward to more features :)

• @OscarSouth Thanks for clarifying- thought as much. Good post.

@samu Thanks for listing the issues out loud - I'm attempting a new approach by holding back on the detail and trying to look on the (hopefully temporary) positive side. Its that or I'd break into essay length technical criticism and drive myself mad.

Ommmmmm.