copy n paste

can anyone tell me a way to move midi around pattern layers or bank to bank? any suggestions. doesn't seen possible-i've even tried routing midi channels internally. didn't work. lol.
good ole copy n paste
cheers

Comments

• Haven't hit this problem yet... for now I'm kind of holding back doing any serious work in BM3. Every time I've tried it I hit workflow issues like this pretty fast. Decided just to focus on Bank/Sound design whilst these things are ironed out...

Not sure if there's a straight forward way to do what you want (even tho it's a pretty straight forward requirement)?

Would be cool to see Copy/Paste functionality expanded across the whole of BM3 in general. Eventually with almost everything copy/pasteable. Modulations (individually and entire modulations page)/Macros/fx chains etc (some of these might already be possible and I missed em? Have still only had a couple of hours solid use on BM3 outside of sound/bank design..)
  • hey, that's funny because i haven't really done any sound/bank design apart from tweak envs n abit of mod! i'm using the soulkeys bank. bit lazy, i know, but i just like playing melodies and stuff on pads. the nesting of layers/banks can start to get a bit like what you'd get if you gave some russian dolls to mc escher. maybe it's me. copy n paste's a classic model.

• edited August 2017
    While I agree that standard copy/cut paste absolutely is missing, what you can do is move patterns in any bank onto other banks in scenes and in arranger view. Midi bettween pads is I think possible with the duplicate feature as well but in the pattern view there are two separate modes. Duplicate and drag to the desired pad lane. Should work.
  • scenes are well beyond me to be honest. maybe something to get into later. yeah, moving midi in patterns is pretty straight forward.
    i'm juggling and having rearrange stuff at mo bcos i've only got a 1st gen mini. it can't handle too much. still on the fence about upgrading it of whether it's all a hassle and trading in my acoustic for a ukulele :)

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2017

Bottom middle scene options? (Duplicate, delete, clear etc...). Is that what you mean?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Delete deletes a scene/pattern
    Clear empties any data out of scene/pattern

Remove has been requested previously, so hopefully it will arrive in the future
  • @triton100 said:

@5pinlink said:
    Delete deletes a scene/pattern
    Clear empties any data out of scene/pattern

Remove has been requested previously, so hopefully it will arrive in the future

I really hope it arrives sooner as opposed to later as it renders their much lauded 'scenes' as very counter productive with such a fundamental work flow element missing.

You need to be able to remove patterns from scenes without having to delete or empty them. That goes with audio in scenes too. I literally have scenes with audio in, that I simply cannot remove once laid down without deleting the audio from the pattern list which you obviously don't or shouldn't have to do .

Hey Triton,

I'm pretty sure you can 'unload' a pattern from a scene by pressing 'stop pattern' (next to 'create pattern') in the pattern list on the left. The only tricky bit is targeting the slot you want to 'stop', as pressing them always triggers playback :)

• So tappimg a pattern stops it, and clicking stop pattern removes it ?

Lost in translation ?

• Tapping a playing pattern will stop the pattern playing.

Just seemed weird to have what is called "Stop pattern" actually removing patterns, should be named something else.

• Yeah remove, so that it doesnt clash with the clear button.

• I just replace a pattern with a blank pattern.
  • edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 absolutely it should get fixed...
  • @triton100 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I just replace a pattern with a blank pattern.

That's what I was doing but it's a needless extra step. And also changes the overview of the scene / arrangement. Ie when you look at the arrangement if there's an empty pattern in there you may think there's something playing when actually there isn't. (Even though I named the pattern 'empty'. )You get a clearer snapshot immediate overview of where midi info is and isn't if there's simply no pattern where no sound should be. Also that method worked with midi but not with audio

Triton,

I'm glad I was able to help you out.

I agree that some of the BM3's naming conventions and button configurations, especially in Scene mode, are still limiting it's potential, but very excited to see what can be achieved with a dedicated developer and the great community that I've (quietly) watched grow on these forums since launch.

There are too many to name, but my thanks goes to users such as Samu, 5pin, King, Heyez etc for keeping all the various threads of discussions on course and productive (apologies to anyone I missed)

I am very much willing Beatmaker 3 to succeed in establishing itself as one of (if not, the) top DAWs on iOS. It's just not quite fully baked yet, though tantalisingly close...