Beatmaker 2 issues on new Ipad 9.7

Hey guys just recently got an Ipad 9.7 128gb wifi only model and I'm having issues with the audio it seems in Beatmaker 2. I haven't yet migrated to BM3 as I still like the workflow on BM2. Basically the bass/bottom end seems to be lacking and the overall output seems kinda dull compared to my old Ipad 3. Is it the Ipad 9.7 I wonder - I'm going to take it to the Apple Store to find out. Also why isn't BM2 Audiobus 3 compatible? I want to use Audiobus 3 and save stating with it. Can this be resolved please as I really like the workflow of BM2.

Thanks

Comments

• Would appreciate some feedback on this from Intua.

Thanks. :smile:

• Which of the older iPads had those super high end D/A chips, might be worth checking if its the ipad 3

• @5pinlink said:
    Which of the older iPads had those super high end D/A chips, might be worth checking if its the ipad 3

Dunno what it is to be honest. I have thought about getting a separate soundcard for the new Ipad but don't really have the money right now. :-(

• It definitely seems to be a software issue because when I render the audio from a BM2 track the sub bass is really lacking and low in volume even though on the mixer I may have it at -4db!! I really don't think its a hardware issue now. Its very bizarre and quite frustrating!! Seems to be an Ipad software issue. I was actually play a very deep sub bass at a high volume the other day on hip hop track and I just couldn't hear it in fact the volume was decreasing dramatically the higher up the scale I played it. :neutral:

• What are you listening/monitoring with? Built-in speakers or Headphones?
    Are your sub-bass samples mono or stereo? (The iPad 9.7 speaker is mono so the stereo->mono could kill the bass due the phase-cancellation between left and right channel).

• Interesting. I'm using Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 OHM over the ear producer headphones.

• Doesn't the ipad have a limiter on the headphone output the same as the Macbooks ?
    There is no user control over it on the Macbooks and it is a complete pain in the arse.
    probably not that from you description though.

• The head-phone output on most iOS devices are suited for low ohm(~32ohms) headphones.
    The iPad can quite nicely drive my ATH-M50x's(38ohms) but if use cans that need more ooomph the sound-quality gets worse...

Only iPods/iPhones sold in the EU have this 'limit' due to some crazy EU regulation.
    I've not heard if it affecting the iPads. My MacBook Air has no such limit.

• edited October 2017

The bass issue I have is the same when I use my £20 Sony In Ears and my £150 Beyerdynamics so it still seems to be a software issue. I never had this issue on my old ipad. Its so bizarre!!

• edited October 2017

@samu said:
    The head-phone output on most iOS devices are suited for low ohm(~32ohms) headphones.
    The iPad can quite nicely drive my ATH-M50x's(38ohms) but if use cans that need more ooomph the sound-quality gets worse...

Only iPods/iPhones sold in the EU have this 'limit' due to some crazy EU regulation.
    I've not heard if it affecting the iPads. My MacBook Air has no such limit.

By limiter i meant a limiter at the end of the chain, not a limit (sorry if i wasnt very clear) all macbook airs (from 2014 definite, earlier unknown) have this limiter (its to protect the speakers apparently) and it is hardware built in to the sound chipset which cant be turned off unfortunately.