Comments

• Sweet! Thanks for heads up. Heard a few people on here rating this so it'll be cool to check it out.
  • Absolutely brilliant

• edited September 2017

Amazing - been on my watch list for ages...

It's a whopping 968mb download, so must already come packed with plenty of samples

• I only found 2 packs inside - 'EDM' & 'Urban'.
  • edited September 2017
    This and 3.0.2 discovered in 1 minute. The internet has its bounties at times - cheers for the heads up! Speaking of free...

[Muckraker by Matthew Caldwell](http://muckraker.walkytalky.net)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/muckraker/id1018267293?mt=8

Gnarly.

Doh... tired... thought it was the 3.0.3 update...
  • @OscarSouth said:
    I only found 2 packs inside - 'EDM' & 'Urban'.

Looks like they have pre-loaded all the IAPs inside the package. If so, it's a bit irritating I have to allocate storage on my iPad for content I haven't yet purchased.

Anyway, it would be churlish to complain about such things when we are getting a great app for free!!

• It's UVI, i would not be surprised if that 1 gig was just those two packs, they are not known for zero bloat haha

• They have decent sounds and great sound packs. It's worth it. Great standalone and it's a perfect au for bm3. It even has state state saving inside bm3.
  • The IAPs are not pre loaded. Bought several, as they are quite good, and the packs download after purchase.
  • Had 5 mins on it. Seemed pretty useful, especially for free. What's the community like? Any place out there to grab a bunch of free user kits/instruments or is it mostly IAP for sounds?
  • As i did with bm3 i put all my maschinepacks and samples in audioshare and dropped it in. I seem to be more creative in beathawk right now compared to bm3 but i can then drop midi into bm3 and polish and build from there with other au's. Pretty much my my setup right now.

I'm really hoping uvi starts producing more packs with more options. Then can steal a large share of the market if they wanted it. There piano's mellotron choir and orchestra is on point.

• @stormywaterz thanks for info.

It'll bug me to duplicate all the samples I have in BM3 already and put em in to Beat Hawk :/ Maybe just being kinda O.C.D/precious.. I'd still have like 60gb space left atm, but still... Nice to have a decent amount of space there for new samples and session wavs.

IOS is so backward in some really important areas! Lack of shared sample folders is f*#kin ridic in 2017 :/

Sounds like there are some decent packs available. I have the g-force m-tron pro vst tho so would feel kinda lazy to buy mellotron packs. I started porting m-tron pro to bm2 a few years ago but gave up pretty quick. Maybe I'll see it through this time...

Same for drum machines and synth samples, got more than enough of that kinda stuff already and just a case of gradually building BM3 banks/instruments out of them... Would maybe be interested in some unique beat hawk user kits etc tho if there's a good place to grab some?
  • Does Beathawk have save stating in Audiobus 3? What's it like compared to say BM2? If its free then I'm game!!

• That's where I'm at with bm2. Total of 80 gbs between both programs and all same samples just because they don't talk to each other and it's a pain transferring songs to bm3. Would love to get rid of bm2 but can't cause I'll loose everything since no transfer is available.

With beathawk you can use the packs as au in bm3 then have all your samples loaded in bm3. I did all that before bm3 came out so for now I'm trying to delete. I looked at my beathawk storage it's only at 2.69 gb total. I'm sure cause it's reading my samples from audioshare storage bin. Audioshare has there storage on the device not the app.