Recording fixed bar loops

Finally getting around to playing with BM3. Love it!

Had a quick search of the manual and the forum but might be using the wrong search terms... So here's my first post / noob question:

Here's my scenario - I have Ripplemaker sending MIDI to Zeeon in AB3 then recording that in BM3. Is there a way to automatically have BM3 start recording at the start of the loop and auto-stop at the end of the loop without needing to trim the sample?

Ta very muchly.

Comments

• You may be over thinking this.
    Export the MIDI from Ripplemaker, load Zeeon as an AU in Bm3, use the MIDI, Render the audio.

• @5pinlink oh yeah! That's much easier. Thanks.

I guess the only thing you miss then is using the AB3 MIDI effects? Unless there's a way to export MIDI from AB3? Will take look. Otherwise I can just trim the loop. No biggie.
  • Just use threshold on the recording settings then, it will start when it recieves audio above a certain threshold and vice versa for stopping

• @5pinlink said:
    Just use threshold on the recording settings then, it will start when it recieves audio above a certain threshold and vice versa for stopping

That worked. The sample cleanup is pretty straightforward as well. Thanks.

Dropping a .mid file is a bit odd isn't it? I'm glad I found your tip about ignoring the 0 bytes and having the pads in keys mode. That was doing my swede in.

• The developers are working on making it a bit more obvious as far as i'm aware ;)