No sound from onscreen keyboard when changing AU fx settings

I'm a newbie on BM3, so pardon me if my problem is just a newbie mistake

Comments

• Sorry, the above post has not shown my comments between the images posted.

I will rewrite here:

I have loaded an AUfx as in pic 1. Pressing the AUfx's button takes me to the AU as in pic 2. Pressing the onscreen keyboard makes no sound!

Closing the AU screen takes me back to the prior screen but now the keys are not lit in their colour for playback as in pic3

Hitting the keys tab, then the only lit pad once then the keys tab again, returns the pads back to normal.

All this means I am unable to make sound while changing the settings for an AU fx

Is this a bug?

• I am on the latest build just released.

• Sorry just found the Bug Report section

• Have you tried loading an effects directly to a pad instead of using using the global (Bank) effects?
    (You can tap the 'grid icon' next to the lock to assign the effect directly to a pad thus bypassing 'bank effects').

Unfortunately there is no manual 'output assignment' for the on-screen keyboard so it just resorts to triggering a 'pad' and since a 'bank' has no pad assigned to it it doesn't know what to trigger thus you will not hear anything.

@5pinlink I think this thread could be moved to 'bug reports' with a notice that the onscreen keyboard should have an option for manually setting the pad it triggers when using AUv3 effects on Bank FX and AUX Tracks enabling preview of a selected pad. (ie. the keyboard could have a dedicated 'bank & pad' selector').

• @Samu you sure this isn't an FR ?

• @5pinlink said:
    @Samu you sure this isn't an FR ?

It should already be in the 'back-log' since the early beta days if I recall correctly?!
    (Ie. the on-screen keyboard should have destination settings, midi-port & channel and/or bank & pad).

But if not, it's always good to post a reminder :)

• Thanks Guys.

Yep @Samu will try the alternative option for now, but yeah it could do with ability to set manually in that situation.

Thanks

• Also the changing of the pad settings after closing the AU is a bit of a pain. Surely it should remain on the Keys setting rather than reverting to a single Pad?

• @samu said:

@5pinlink said:

It should already be in the 'back-log' since the early beta days if I recall correctly?!
    (Ie. the on-screen keyboard should have destination settings, midi-port & channel and/or bank & pad).

Where is this 'back-log'
    Is it viewable ?

• @5pinlink said:

@samu said:

@5pinlink said:

Where is this 'back-log'
    Is it viewable ?

It got a +1 from Mathieu in the mail-exchange during the initial beta.
    (Most of the +1's have resulted in actual features in BM3 so I assume it's in there).
    The 'pure midi-pads' are also in there somewhere...