Automated Turnado on the MAIN OUT exports audio without Turnado

I have Turnado on the MAIN OUT automated with midi from one of the banks synced with Link and I like that, but the exported audio doesn’t have Turnado on it. So I have to use Audiobus and AUM which feels like it should not be necessary. Maybe I’m missing something. Can this be done without extra apps or should this be a feature request?

Comments

• I'm not incredibly technical but I believe we need realtime export for this kind of thing?
  • think I found a way, The MAIN OUT is available as recording input but only in scene mode for some reason, I can record the song mode audio from there though. This will do for now, unless someone knows a less complicated way and until hopefully Sugar Bytes makes Turnado an audio unit.

• I’ll try to make a short video tommorow of how I did it.

• Doesn't turnado itself have an option to record its output ?

• I like Turnado, great for transitions. Gave it a whirl and it works for me. I put Turnado as the main output effect and mapped the dictator to a midi chanel then added that midi to bm3 and drew some automation. The output of export main output sounded as I had previously heard.

• Here's the video - first the standard way of export and how it gives audio with Turnado bypassed, I do the MASTER export, doing the TRACKS export and choosing MAIN OUT gave same results.
    Then the workaround with the Audio Recorder.

@StudioES The recorded audio shows up in the scene mode in whatever track/scene was selected. Yesterday it didn't occur to me that I can access that Audio Recorder from the song mode, but it does record into the scene mode even though the song mode is engaged.

@5pinlink I want the Limiter that is at the end of the Master(MAIN OUT) chain on the audio but I did try the Turnado recorder just to see, I just can't find the recorded audio in the export menu under the floppy disk icon - not sure if that's a bug or me doing it wrong.

• @StudioES My pleasure.

Here's some advice for the automation midi pattern workflow in the 3.0.3 BM3 version.
    Once you create the bank that will trigger the midi for Turnado for example, I found that it is good practice to create a 1 bar pattern first with all the cc lanes you’ll be needing - for my Turnado example this would be 0 to 9, I have zero mapped to dry/wet, so with the grid set to a bar I just add a point at the highest value because I want the default Turnado state to be 100% wet, then 1 to 8 I have the 8 Turnado knobs and I’ll add a lowest value automation points for each and 9 is the dictator, so again, lowest value point at the start of this pattern and the pattern will serve as a default if I get stunck glitching I choose this pattern to reset Turnado and also when making a new automation pattern I do it from a duplicate of this default pattern so I don’t have to add the cc lanes each time.