BM3 has convinced me to sell my Maschine Studio

edited September 2017 in General
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Keep it for a while, there are so many on ebay these last few weeeks that the second hand value has halved, wait for the panic to calm down and they will rise again, i have a mint mk2 with 25 expansions to get rid of lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just recieved my MPC Live yesterday! Beatmaker3 has an easier learning curve so far, but I've only logged about 3 hours on it.

• I know this is gonna sound weird, but the MPC Live sounds GREAT, nothing like bm3. At first I thought it was their sample library, but then I pulled in my own samples...wow. I will give it that so far.

• I’m selling my mk2 and will probably get the mk3, but I am in no rush, if the mk3 has the build quality of the studio then the mk2 will become sought after, mk3 doesn’t actually do anything extra other than a crap audio interface.

• MPC live holds no interest for me, it is poor in standalone mode.

• edited September 2017

Akai sound engine is just the MPC Studio software, it is nothing special, the hardware in the Live is fairly basic and not that coloring or high end.
    If you can hear a difference between it and an ipad, it is most likely the way you are nonitoring the ipad, beatmaker is close enough to Maschine and MPC Studio.
    I even posted 1:1 renders that near enough nulled, so yeah very little if any difference.

There have already been many render tests, MPC Live is not known for having a sound or indeed sounding better than anything.

Build quality on the studios is referencing those crappy encoders they used that wobble around silly, I went to upgrade on many occasions and they are just junk compared to the MK 1/2

• edited September 2017

@triton100 a/d conversion? I'm not really sure whats making it snap harder?
    I use the apogee Duet for ios with my ipad pro...so there really shouldnt be no magic...lmao

@5pinlink I dont understand the 'poor in stand alone comment'? ...I mean, Maschine doesnt have a stand alone mode at all, so if that was a break the deal thing for the live...it definitely isnt bettered by maschine; which is why I didnt choose maschine, as I dont want to be tethered to a computer, or a wall-wart. The bonus was, the MPC LIve sounds better than maschine for what I do(hiphop). The only difference in stand alone mode is VST plugs and extra audio tracks above 8...everything else is the same. I dont dislike maschine, I already have komplete 11 and a few pad controllers...so I just dont need it at all.

• edited September 2017

That is complete nonsense, unless you have proof it sounding better than Maschine.

Poor standalone i am talking about the available resources vs the actual more than double cost of Maschine and still more costly than Push and Live.

Sorry but i take facts over opinion every day, and Maschine has vastly out sold MPC Hybrids for the singular reason that it is an industry standard for HipHop and beyond the shouts of a couple of unbacked up or even followed up Akai zealots, the MPC is neither superior or sounds better., and those shouts were quickly drowned by a never ending stream of producers who actually use the hardware plumping for Maschine over the Akai.

No disrespect, I understand you have spent a lot of money and bought a quality product (the Live is quality) but over arching statements like it being better quality than Maschine or even Beatmaker, absolute unbacked up nonsense.

• Thats good, they stopped doing that after a while claiming 'Tolerances'
    Thats why im in no rush to upgrade yet.

• @triton100 said:
    You really think it will go up? I’d be surprised. Especially with the mk lll. I imagine I’ll take a big hit in resale value but I don’t like clutter and having things around I don’t use. Rather just get rid. You not going to keep the software though ?

Wishful thinking on the part of some, it wont go back up, and the MK2 will not become sought after, lol. anyone who thinks that doesnt know what theyre talking about. The MK3 has color screens now and a built in interface and other new features, I dont know how people can say the interface is crappy, when they havent actually used one, you know, since its not even out yet, lol. smh

• @strizbiz said:

@triton100 said:
    You really think it will go up? I’d be surprised. Especially with the mk lll. I imagine I’ll take a big hit in resale value but I don’t like clutter and having things around I don’t use. Rather just get rid. You not going to keep the software though ?

Wishful thinking on the part of some, it wont go back up, and the MK2 will not become sought after, lol. anyone who thinks that doesnt know what theyre talking about. The MK3 has color screens now and a built in interface and other new features, I dont know how people can say the interface is crappy, when they havent actually used one, you know, since its not even out yet, lol. smh

Prices will go back up because right now there is panic selling, when there are tens of Mk2s going through at £80 and somebody thinks that price will stay the same, they have no clue what they are talking about, fact,.
    Maschine mk1 prices dropped massively and rose again after mk2 release, fact.
    Maschine mk2 prices dropped massively and rose again after studio release, fact.
    Mk1s and mk2s and studio are all still working with the current release and beta, this is unlikely to change in the next few years.

As for the crappy audio interface.
    1 How do you know i havent tried it ?
    2 It is based on their Dice II modded chipset as used in their other interfaces, which are usable, nothing more.
    3 2 in 4 out is not exactly a high end interface, especially when 2 of those outs are amplified for headphones.
    4 The microphone input only works with dynamics, no XLR or phantom powering.
    Are we still confused what crappy interface means ?

• lol... you have no clue what youre talking about... I know you havent tried it yet because its not out yet, and Im pretty sure they didnt send you one, and Im not confused at all to what a crappy interface is, I use an Apogee duet,
    as far as the amount of inputs on it.... people arent using Maschine to multi track a band, or mic a drum kit, people generally use it with the sounds that come with it and their own sound libraries, and 2 inputs is more than enough to stereo sample into it ( Thank you for being so smug and needing to feel like you know it all and that youre the authority on every comment one this forum, but you are not ) also... the MK1s are going for about $150 , and the MK2 are going for about $250 to $300, news flash, you cant always base whats going to happen in the future based on the past, I own a Maschine studio and Im selling it because I use BM3..... you dont know it all bro, you really dont.

• @triton100 said:

@strizbiz said:

@triton100 said:

Yeah the mark 3 looks sexy. I should have sold at the start of the summer but just wanted to see if bm3 would work out for me first. Oh well someone’s about to get a kick ass discount on a maschine studio I guess

Yeah, I have a Maschine studio as well Ill be selling, I use BM3 a lot these days but I have a lot of tracks and sounds for Maschine so Ill be getting the MK3 as well.

• @strizbiz said:
    lol... you have no clue what youre talking about... I know you havent tried it yet because its not out yet, and Im pretty sure they didnt send you one, and Im not confused at all to what a crappy interface is, I use an Apogee duet,
    as far as the amount of inputs on it.... people arent using Maschine to multi track a band, or mic a drum kit, people generally use it with the sounds that come with it and their own sound libraries, and 2 inputs is more than enough to stereo sample into it ( Thank you for being so smug and needing to feel like you know it all and that youre the authority on every comment one this forum, but you are not ) also... the MK1s are going for about $150 , and the MK2 are going for about $250 to $300, news flash, you cant always base whats going to happen in the future based on the past, I own a Maschine studio and Im selling it because I use BM3..... you dont know it all bro, you really dont.

Ok

• edited September 2017

@5pinlink my new album was produced completely in Maschine 2 and finished in LPX, I own bm2, I use the same cans and the same monitors on all my equipment...I just disagree with you on the MPC live man...sorry. My earlier comment to you was in regard to your saying the mpclive was weak in stand alone mode (if you need vst plug ins and 10 audio tracks...sure...that would make it not work in your situation) that is the only difference...but if you were to unplug the maschine...ummm...it's a controller...that's it...so it has no stand alone mode.

It just sounds odd to me to state something is weak in stand alone mode, while repping something that doesn't even have it? Or at least that's strange to me.

At the end of the day, there is no need to be bitter. You can love Maschine, you can love beatmaker1, you can love whatever makes you happy...I use many tools...and if I could only have one sampler forever it wouldn't be any of the above...it would be the original Roland vsynth...which is arguably the best sampler for mangling I have ever witnessed...only alchemy comes close.

• Well i still think it is poor in standalone, comparison to Maschine aside (which i did not start by the way) it is very poor in standalone mode, limited polyphony, limited tracks and limited bit/samplerate (that is subjective though) aside from the battery power (sorry i dont need it so i dont even consider it as a valid reason for huge cost) there is nothing at all special about standalone.

This is not my opinion to be wrong, im just stating facts, and i also stand by the fact that the Live is not better quality then Maschine.
    Lets take that one to a forum that is designed to discuss quality (percieved at least) gearsluts, you start the thread and ill grab the popcorn.

Am i saying the Live is bad quality, nope, I actually said it was a quality piece of kit and i have considered it for my live shows but the 4 clip polyphony just wasnt enough for my particular use case.

However any percieved greater quality is just that, that is not to say that your perception is wrong, if you think it is better quality then you will probably make better stuff, so you are on to a winner for sure ;)

As for the desert island sampler, I sold my VsynthXT last year haha, still prefer Kontakt and Emulator X, but if it was just one and one only, strangely enough it would probably be my MS1 hahaha, I tore gigs apart with that sequenced by a DR660 haha.

• edited September 2017

+1000... I bought an MPC a couple weeks before BM3 came out. I've been using BM since first version. I thought I was getting back into the big league with my MPC LIVE. It was cool, but I realized I didn't want to go back to hardware... too fiddly..

Once I got BM3, took back MPC and bought a new iPAD (saved $1000). I'm good! Plus when you consider the massive (and growing) iOS ecosystem for music production??? bananers...

Bought a $100 MPD218, so I still get that MPC pad feel, a hardware note repeat button... I'm good! I'll mess around and get the new Apogee interface for ios and Cubase might even start collecting a little dust...

I have a long wish list for BM3 updates, but I am confident in another year it will go from beast to monster...

• @5pinlink can you link to some of these £80 mk2's? Seems like an easy way to make some money..
  • edited September 2017

@5pinlink said:
    when there are tens of Mk2s going through at £80

Sorry, my English grammar is pretty poor, I may have used the word 'when' wrongly as a sarcastic way of saying 'if' like "When pigs fly"
    Apologies for the confusion.

• In context of the paragraph/discussion that makes things confusing in a whole new way but OK..
  • NBD. Happens..
  • Anyone want to buy an Atari ST?
  • edited September 2017
    I'm gonna quickly back that up by also stating... teenage humour 30 years too late :p

Seriously though, I'm planning on selling some gear in the future and would like to post details here just in case it suits anyone. Maybe if there were a neutral thread with a few policies in place? People sell for different reasons at different times and everyone has their prefs; it would be nice here as a side thread in a general music forum stylee - perhaps just a bit tighter than the original - "I have xxx for sale. Describe. PM me".

Kudos to @triton100 for the first to do it - gotta respect that, right? :)