AUi - ReSlice - VirSyn

edited March 2018 in Compatibility

Website
App Store

Description
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.

Size - 46mb
IOS - 9.1+
Format - AU/Standalone

Post any issues you have found.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2018

The plugin interface keeps disappearing for me... unusable =/

When I do have the interface up, it doesn’t seem like I can paste samples from bm3 into it. I go in to edit a sample I’ve recorded/loaded in bm3, hit copy, go back over to reslice, hit paste... nothing

Just playing with the presets, is there a way to turn the arpegiator off and just map a midi key to each slice?

I wish bm3 had transient aware slicing built in which would cover my use case... bit now that I have this I’d like to get it working for the arpeggiator.

Thanks for any tips, couldn’t find. A manual for the iOS auv3 on their website

• Based on the reslice features I was hoping bm3 could paste directly into it

Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
    Edit slice positions
    Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
    ****Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare****
    Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime

So bm3 “copy” of a sample doesn’t put it in the clipboard?

• Copy and paste between apps doesnt work on IOS, it is not a BM3 specific thing.
    You can have a split screen set up that allows drag n drop between apps (only in IOS 11 and above)
    You have to wonder why Apple does not allow this between plugin and host though, IOS registers each new plugin as its own app, so why not :(

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So you can copy a sample in Beatmaker and the standalone of Reslice lets you paste it ?
    Thats awesome, is this an IOS 11 feature i missed ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aaah bummer :(

• You can copy-paste from beatmaker to reslice AU without leaving beatmaker if you save the sample to the samples directory, choose edit, select the sample, choose share and then copy (the grey one in the bottom row). This copies the sample to the general paste board. You can then paste it into the AU version of reslice using the paste button on the right.
    Not sure if that’s the best way, but it works...

• edited March 2018

To avoid misunderstandings 😉:
    1 edit
    2 select sample
    3 share
    4 copy
    5 paste

• edited March 2018

@starpause from there on it seems to work as advertised. Played around with it for quiet a while and no issues so far... air2 and latest ios

• @denx said:
    To avoid misunderstandings 😉:
    1 edit
    2 select sample
    3 share
    4 copy
    5 paste

King, thanks for the walk through!

I’m still having the interface disappear, I’ve got to video record my next bm3 session because it seems like I have a disproportionate # of crashes and issues compared to most users. I’ve got air 2 with latest os as well except mine is cursed ⚡️

• @5pinlink said:
    Copy and paste between apps doesnt work on IOS, it is not a BM3 specific thing.

It seems like copy between apps is supported but only through iOS dialog. I’m glad the feature is exposed somewhere in bm3, and this way may be even faster than drilling into sample edit, but I’m usually in edit already to trim/normalize... so why not allow export (iOS copy) there as well? Long press?

You can have a split screen set up that allows drag n drop between apps (only in IOS 11 and above)

Haha gotta sell that huge pro some how

You have to wonder why Apple does not allow this between plugin and host though, IOS registers each new plugin as its own app, so why not :(

I guess things are already confusing enough... if some apps, were inter-app copy paste friendly and others were not it’s an inconsistent experience. .. right now if a user sees that iOS copy dialog come up they know they are moving between apps.

Document picker/files is great... this whole conversation is kinda silly sauce, if virsyn implemented that for reslice it would be awesome! For all the other rough edges on bm3 they did files right

• @starpause not king, more of an anarchist really 😉 but you’re very wellcome!

• @denx said:
    @starpause not king, more of an anarchist really 😉 but you’re very wellcome!

Ha! That's cool, did 100 watt anarchist pirate radio for a few years when I was in college =) Supporting local labor unions etc