AUi - Beathawk - UVI

edited January 2018 in Compatibility

Website
App Store

Size - 964.5mb
IOS - 8.3+
Format - AU/Standalone

Issues
Multiple instances seem to cause different issues on different iPads, ranging from the wrong preset/settings on reload, to no audio at all on reload.

Tagged:

Comments

• The most recent Beathawk v2.2 loaded as an AU in Beatmaker 3 is causing terrible noise and crashing, whereas even with occasional quirks, it has been relatively stable until now.

For example, when I load BH AU onto a pad and within BH load a new project/kit, so all pads in BH are initially empty, even in this empty state a pad (#9 to be exact) will change its color to red and the distorted noise will start. At the same time in BM3 the keyboard below the BH UI will have some keys being triggered randomly. This happens with a BM3 project which is otherwise completely empty, with nothing going on / loaded. Loading some samples into BH, the problem persists.

May this have something to do with the new AUv3 midi output in BH, and how BM3 handles it? I don't have any problems with the BH AU loaded into Cubasis...

• Yeah BH has not become an option for myself at this time. The most I can leave on any track save is one instance (Air2 current iOS and current BH build as of 25/01/18)

• BH seems to be just as bad as it has always been in BM for me with the latest version, I am not inclined to actually report it to UVI bevause they will just say "Yes we have confirmed this and fix in the next update" then do nothing at all, luckily i only installed it because it was free, so i dont really care.

• @5pinlink said:
    BH seems to be just as bad as it has always been in BM for me with the latest version, I am not inclined to actually report it to UVI bevause they will just say "Yes we have confirmed this and fix in the next update" then do nothing at all, luckily i only installed it because it was free, so i dont really care.

It’s not uvi it’s intua side. Only have problems in bm3 for me. Never had a crash until I put it into bm3

• Which other hosts have you tried ?
    Cubasis/Modstep it has the multi instance sound swap bug.
    It has never crashed any host for me.

• Like I stated, Cubasis, no problem at least with one instance, but with BM3 I get this terrible noise and glitchy behaviour. I agree with @5pinlink that BH in BM3 has been far from stable previously but did manage to have it running 1-3 instances in almost every project. Now it is completely unusable.

• @gosnote said:
    The most recent Beathawk v2.2 loaded as an AU in Beatmaker 3 is causing terrible noise and crashing, whereas even with occasional quirks, it has been relatively stable until now.

For example, when I load BH AU onto a pad and within BH load a new project/kit, so all pads in BH are initially empty, even in this empty state a pad (#9 to be exact) will change its color to red and the distorted noise will start. At the same time in BM3 the keyboard below the BH UI will have some keys being triggered randomly. This happens with a BM3 project which is otherwise completely empty, with nothing going on / loaded. Loading some samples into BH, the problem persists.

May this have something to do with the new AUv3 midi output in BH, and how BM3 handles it? I don't have any problems with the BH AU loaded into Cubasis...

This was indeed related to the AU midi output in BH. The fix was to disable BH midi input in BM3 midi settings.

• New update beathawk state saving in au host but bm3 is not recognizing it. Reverts to the pads every time and not staying on piano screen.

• Known bug, UVI said they would fix it and never have

• I have been in contact with UVI Support and they told me they will "consider adding an option to disable the AU MIDI Output, hopefully in v2.2.3". For now, when opening a session that contains BH AUs as sound modules, the BH midi input on BM3 prefs needs to be disabled in order to prevent the feedback distortion.