iOS 11 dual screen - how does it work with BM3?

I'd greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if iOS 11 dual app feature can be used to show two apps such as Beatmaker 3 and AUM, for example (I'm hesitating to upgrade from 10.3 because a few people here on the forum said they disliked iOS 11 on the iPad overall)
Thanks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks, I kind of expected that to be the case...

• edited October 2017

@triton100 said:

@AltShift said:
    I'd greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if iOS 11 dual app feature can be used to show two apps such as Beatmaker 3 and AUM, for example (I'm hesitating to upgrade from 10.3 because a few people here on the forum said they disliked iOS 11 on the iPad overall)
    Thanks!

Hi. It doesn’t. Only mainly apple native apps do eg safari and notes etc.

I am able to run other apps with BM3, just swipe up the taskbar and hold and drag any app to the side of the screen.

• Like this overlaid works, split screen not really.

• AudioShare and BM3 play well together.
  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    AudioShare and BM3 play well together.

Have to disagree. Yes, they sit side-by-side, but do not co-operate with each other. No drag or drop either way.

• Since there's no analyzers in BM3, I load up tonalenergy tuner in the overlay. while not perfect, and I also have to use audiobus to route BM3 audio to the tuner, it works, and I get an analyzer always on top, easy to swipe away or bring back. for the split screen stuff to work, the app has to support it somehow. I don't see BM3 morphing the UI to change widths to share screen space with other apps, at least not any time soon, but I don't see that as a downside really. what do you suppose might improve if you can have BM3 and AUM visible at the same time side by side? also, I don't think BM3 has had the necessary updates to allow iOS 11 drag n drop functionality yet. they've been working on squashing bugs, but I know @mathieugarcia did say in one thread or another that he was going to dive into iOS 11 stuff, like a couple weeks ago?

• @Jangomango said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    AudioShare and BM3 play well together.

Have to disagree. Yes, they sit side-by-side, but do not co-operate with each other. No drag or drop either way.

Intua did show a quick video of 3.0.4 on twitter, it has drag n drop support, so next release by the looks of things ;)

• @ronji said:
    what do you suppose might improve if you can have BM3 and AUM visible at the same time side by side?

I use BM3 and a couple of other apps for live gigs, and I mix their levels through AUM. I often have to switch between BM3 and AUM to check the levels, so I thought that it would be more practical if I could have just one part of AUM split/overlayed with BM3, just enough to see the BM3 volume slider.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Personally i would hope that the Intua guys update to just show the browser when it is overlaid on other apps, then everybody can just store all of their samples in beatmakers folder structure, it has the best browser anyway.