Any way to jump playback to pattern while in the Pattern Editor?

Is there any way when in a pattern view to have it playback (and maybe even loop) the pattern you're in?

There may be an obvious way to do this, but for some reason I haven't figured it out...

Technically, I know i can set the loop points from Song Mode to the part of the song where that pattern lives, but it seems like a no-brainer that if I'm editing a pattern I want to hear that pattern played.

Comments

• When in the pattern, or any time you wanna hear a pattern loop, tap the track helper (should show the bank letter you’re in and probably “playing song” if you’re not looping a single pattern), then tap the pattern you want to loop in the pattern list. The track helper should switch to showing that pattern, and this pattern will loop regardless of what the other tracks are playing in the song timeline. You can stop the pattern looping by going back into the track helper and tapping play song at the bottom.

• @ronji ok thanks, that definitely helps. I do wish there was a way when you double tap a pattern from song mode to get it to automatically start looping that pattern within the track helper.

• edited October 2017
    I usually tap a pattern, or marquee select a block, then use the bottom-right button to 'set loop to selection'

It's not perfect, but beats all the alternatives..
  • I actually like setting the loop markers by tap dragging at the top of the timeline. I rarely find myself using that bottom right loop selection button, mostly because I rarely look down in that corner anyway, and I prefer the buttons that appear when you select one or more patterns. I think all of those bottom right options should be moved to buttons in that pop up. Personally I don’t always want a pattern to loop when I’ve double tapped it on the timeline, but I could see why some might prefer that in their workflow. Might make for a good feature request to add it as an option in settings.

• @tk32 Oh sweet, I didn't think about that. I think that will work for me, thanks!

• @ronji agreed, i think some UI stuff should be configurable in an xml or such, add this command to long press here etc