Sample-rate issue with Lightning Headphones

DCJDCJ
edited December 2017 in Support

For some reason the sample-rate locks to 48k whenever I have my lightning headphones plugged in. Can’t change it to 44.1k. Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if it’s BM3 or an iOS thing? Also means I can’t address the sample-rate/pitch bug when using these headphones. There’s a bug fix for this but I’m not sure if addresses the headphone issue.

Comments

• edited November 2017

Pretty sure this means that the headphones only support 48k ?
    Can you check it in other apps and see if it has any other sample rates ?

• @5pinlink said:
    Pretty sure this means that the headphones only support 48k ?
    Can you check it in other apps and see if it has any other sample rates ?

Yeah been doing research since posting here. Figured no one had the same issue so it must just be me, but yes it looks like lightning headphones only output 48k. I’ve had cubasis set to 44.1 with them before, but there were definitely issues. Wasn’t able to connect the dots at the time.

• Actually just went into cubasis with lighting headphones and it still showed a sample rate of 44.1 and no audio artifacts so now i don’t know what to believe.

• I can only find reports of them only supporting 48khz, sounds like the bug could well be with Cubasis not recognising them properly maybe ?

• @5pinlink said:
    I can only find reports of them only supporting 48khz, sounds like the bug could well be with Cubasis not recognising them properly maybe ?

Yeah probably so. 1/8” from now on it is.