High Roller Pack

Hi, I purchased and installed the new High Roller pack. However, there is no session for this new pack like the other packs that I've installed. Is this normal for this pack? I only received the samples. As I'm somewhat new to Beat Maker, I learn from the sessions that come with packs. Thanks!

Comments

• Hey @LtCore

There are no provided sessions however every drum kits are bundled with patterns for you to use.
    Just ensure the "Load Pattern" button is set to ON on the bottom toolbar of the browser, when you load a drum kit bank.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• Thanks, Mathieu. I'm so new to Beat Maker that I've only loaded a session, not a pattern. How is this done? I need to find a Beat Maker 101 course, haha!

• Do as @mathieugarcia suggest (Ensure load pattern is set to on in the browser when loading a kit) then use the Track Helper to see the patterns that can be dragged in to the timeline ;)

(Track helper is the thing at the top left of the screen that looks like an overview of the Arranger, touch it while a track/bank is selected and it will show you various stuff for that track/pad, including all the patterns available for said loaded kit)

• here's a quick vid that might help. like @mathieugarcia said, drum banks will have patterns included, but fx banks and instrument banks won't. most banks will include assigned FX and macros, so check those buttons at the bottom left. be sure to check the documentation at https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• @5pinlink said:
    Do as @mathieugarcia suggest (Ensure load pattern is set to on in the browser when loading a kit) then use the Track Helper to see the patterns that can be dragged in to the timeline ;)

(Track helper is the thing at the top left of the screen that looks like an overview of the Arranger, touch it while a track/bank is selected and it will show you various stuff for that track/pad, including all the patterns available for said loaded kit)

Excellent, thanks!

• @ronji said:
    here's a quick vid that might help. like @mathieugarcia said, drum banks will have patterns included, but fx banks and instrument banks won't. most banks will include assigned FX and macros, so check those buttons at the bottom left. be sure to check the documentation at https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

This was awesome, thank you so much!

I'm a guitarist in a band looking to add some samples to our music. Definitely a learning curve here. Appreciate all of the help everyone :smiley:

• @ronji said:
    here's a quick vid that might help. like @mathieugarcia said, drum banks will have patterns included, but fx banks and instrument banks won't. most banks will include assigned FX and macros, so check those buttons at the bottom left. be sure to check the documentation at https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

What do you mean by instrument banks ?
    If i create banks with instruments and sequences in the piano roll they save patterns just like drum banks do too ?
    What are FX banks ?
    I think i have missed a ton of 3.0.4s features !!!!

• @5pinlink sorry, I meant when you purchase these sound packs from the store, the non-drum banks typically don't come with any patterns. what I mean by fx bank would be a bank full of bing bang bong sounds that aren't really standard instruments nor regular drums. =) hahaha, sorry if I got your hopes up or anything! of course you can still create and save your banks with whatever you want in them and whatever patterns you'd like.

• edited November 2017

Aaaah shizzen lol

• edited November 2017

@LtCore, you should definitely check out @DeanDaughters ' latest video, which is a fantastic overview of working in BM3, including recording in patterns, adding banks, mixing, etc: